Who's Online
16 registered (Skywalking, lawman90, fvfd211, EdwardZ, cvo springer, squirrelonabike, Kevinlee93, Electrician, trkeshel, tekeve, Speci4lk1865, 5 invisible), 7 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#985027 - 12/22/15 10:00 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
chuckyzfr1 Offline
Bullseye

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Richmond City
Glad to see I'm not the only one deeply concerned with this back door stab at our rights. How long before the "more than 2 dozen" states we're about to rescind CCW privileges with respond in kind? And I'd be seriously worried about trying to use a non-resident CCW to try and carry in one of those states as a VA resident....

#985071 - 12/22/15 11:06 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Not really sure how else to comment, so I will make a brief summary of facts as they are know to me.

99.9998% of all crime is committed by people without CHPs.

Criminals commit 100% of all crime.

The term "Criminal" is not slander or bigotry, but a term of fact.

I personally do not like Criminals, that is not conjecture. The ones I have met are not good people. There may be a multitude of "Good Criminals" out there, but I do not care met them. (example: Some might say Martha Steward is a "Good Criminal"... because she has a good sense on color coordinating draperies... I disagree on all counts.)

CHP holders stop crime committed by Criminals thousands of times per day throughout the US.

You cannot be a CHP holder if you are a Criminal.

Politicians are not stupid.

Politicians are master word-smiths and influence multipliers.

Politicians demure Criminal behavior and Criminals regularly/constantly.

Thus, the only summary I can reach is that politicians love crime and criminals... and detest law abidance and order.

The above facts, or use of the word "Criminal" may offend some (we as a Nation seem very offended here lately), and these facts may also be debated, but I will hold that they accurate until such time as they are shown to be wrong on a case by case basis.

Edited by Cash is King (12/22/15 11:43 AM)

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#985074 - 12/22/15 11:15 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
Are we fearing the government yet?

#985113 - 12/22/15 12:49 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: Cash is King]
pwc606 Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fauquier
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Not really sure how else to comment, so I will make a brief summary of facts as they are know to me.

99.9998% of all crime is committed by people without CHPs.

Criminals commit 100% of all crime.

The term "Criminal" is not slander or bigotry, but a term of fact.

I personally do not like Criminals, that is not conjecture. The ones I have met are not good people. There may be a multitude of "Good Criminals" out there, but I do not care met them. (example: Some might say Martha Steward is a "Good Criminal"... because she has a good sense on color coordinating draperies... I disagree on all counts.)

CHP holders stop crime committed by Criminals thousands of times per day throughout the US.

You cannot be a CHP holder if you are a Criminal.

Politicians are not stupid.

Politicians are master word-smiths and influence multipliers.

Politicians demure Criminal behavior and Criminals regularly/constantly.

Thus, the only summary I can reach is that politicians love crime and criminals... and detest law abidance and order.

The above facts, or use of the word "Criminal" may offend some (we as a Nation seem very offended here lately), and these facts may also be debated, but I will hold that they accurate until such time as they are shown to be wrong on a case by case basis.

Its keeps them in office and they just keep taking the money and screwing the very people that vote for them.

And your definition of criminal is spot on. Call what it is!!

#985114 - 12/22/15 12:50 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
pwc606 Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: VaGunTrader
Are we fearing the government yet?

I am. Both parties unfortunately. Politicians are crooks and liars.

#985154 - 12/22/15 03:24 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
"This audit and update was conducted pursuant to Virginia State Code § 18.2-308.014, which requires, in part, that “The Superintendent of State Police shall, in consultation with the Office of the Attorney General determine whether states meet the requirements and qualifications” for recognition of their concealed handgun permits."

Unfortunately, the Superintendent of State Police appears to have already acquiesced.

Having read numerous articles, you would think that the AG would at least quote stats to show how often out of stater CCP holders come to VA and kill people...So, it's all political BS and now the anti-gunners are cheering as they've found a way to make it harder for us to carry interstate while doing absolutely nothing to stop criminals. What a bunch of useless losers.

So, the next time your Republican candidate isn't 'conservative' enough for you, please by all means sit home on your useless butt and don't vote. Because what we need are more Obama's, Mcawfuls and (red) Herrings, and your 'principled' opinion helps elect them.

#985156 - 12/22/15 03:33 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
chuckyzfr1 Offline
Bullseye

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Richmond City
Here's a link to get Washington Post article, which spells out in no uncertain terms that our permit is no longer good in the 25 states we just rescinded reciprocity with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vir...6&tid=ss_fb

Furthermore, I'm not convinced that simply getting a non-resident CCW from a place that has good reciprocity agreements in place will necessarily work to gain a VA resident access to one of these states, given the hostile sentiment our lousy administration has exuded with this rescission of reciprocity.

#985217 - 12/22/15 05:52 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: chuckyzfr1]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Originally Posted By: chuckyzfr1

Furthermore, I'm not convinced that simply getting a non-resident CCW from a place that has good reciprocity agreements in place will necessarily work to gain a VA resident access to one of these states, given the hostile sentiment our lousy administration has exuded with this rescission of reciprocity.

I think that most states would be more than happy to take your money.

#985267 - 12/22/15 08:05 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
I invite all FaceBook users to follow this group whose purpose is to recall AG Mark Herring. We the people need to let those elected to support "our" desires that they are accountable to "us" and not their NY money men.

https://www.facebook.com/recallmarkherring/?ref=br_rs

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#985274 - 12/22/15 08:20 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
Let's organize a recall election

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#985280 - 12/22/15 08:34 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: MP3Mogul]
cvilleshooter Offline
eurowrench

Loc: centreville
City or County: centreville
It is so frustrating to see if another 165 members of this board had voted we would not be here. We all have to vote every election no matter what. We need to put this talk to action and I am all in.

#985287 - 12/22/15 08:55 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
donttreadonme2009 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: virginia
City or County: Chester / Alexandria
There is no recall election in VA, you do it by petition. I don't think it takes a lot of people to get the ball rolling but it's then in the courts hands. Here is a link to some info if anyone is interested https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_Virginia

#985310 - 12/22/15 09:56 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
atypical Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Halifax
City or County: Halifax
I am pretty new here and this is my first time on the forum. Hope you don't mind if I chime in. My guess is that Herring's CCW moves today will be tied directly to the EOs that the Administration plans to release in the next week or so. It's also not hard to see how pleased the Dems would be to see the various Governors hamstrung and tongue-tied when VA concealed carriers are arrested and jailed crossing state lines. In an election year that keeps their "gun" agenda in the news cycle, and forces a Governor's pardon every time. The Govs would be in a horrible position. It would be like New Jersey, with Christie's subsequent ham-handed fumbling, every-single-time some legit owner gets jammed into the system. A Dem Governor wouldn't even issue/consider a pardon. Dems win either way. Scary stuff.

#985330 - 12/22/15 11:38 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
So... I catch a lot of crabs.

Once I filled the pot plum to the top... really packed it tight.

Crabs and water and put on the stove... them dang crabs kept tying to get out, as the heat got turned up, but I held the lid on tight... fighting them critters good...

This a short story that Herring/McAuliff/Obama/Bloomberg etc. are co-writing at the moment.

Just musing...

Edited by Cash is King (12/22/15 11:39 PM)

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#985353 - 12/23/15 06:41 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: BobVA]
pwc606 Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: BobVA
I invite all FaceBook users to follow this group whose purpose is to recall AG Mark Herring. We the people need to let those elected to support "our" desires that they are accountable to "us" and not their NY money men.

https://www.facebook.com/recallmarkherring/?ref=br_rs

Agreed Bob. This is just Bloomberg money at work.

#985354 - 12/23/15 06:48 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Kiboko Offline
Lead Head

City or County: PWC
This fixes the problem of all those crimes committed in Virginia by out-of-state concealed carry gun-owners; you know, those crimes none of us have ever heard of -ever.

I'm surprised that the power of this decision rests with one man; since the 'law' doesn't go into effect until February is there anything the Virginia Legislature can do about it?

John has a long mustache.
John has a long mustache...

#985400 - 12/23/15 09:39 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: Kiboko]
pwc606 Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: Kiboko
This fixes the problem of all those crimes committed in Virginia by out-of-state concealed carry gun-owners; you know, those crimes none of us have ever heard of -ever.

I'm surprised that the power of this decision rests with one man; since the 'law' doesn't go into effect until February is there anything the Virginia Legislature can do about it?

I thought that the law had to be sent to the house and the senate. Did I miss something? I'm no legal scholar by any means so I am pleading ignorance here.

#985826 - 12/24/15 09:32 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
VAhuntr Offline
Addicted

Loc: Henry County
City or County: Henry
Since the election did not go their way this is just another way to side step the 2nd Amendment.

#985961 - 12/24/15 02:18 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Virginia Democrats Attack gun owners:
GOA

Herring Rejects Concealed Carry Permits

Rob Bell (rob@delegaterobbell.com)

12/22/15

Dear friend:

Today Attorney General Mark Herring announced that Virginia would stop recognizing concealed carry permits from 25 other states.

Virginia law allows Virginia to recognize permits from other states, and vice-versa. Over the last 18 years, agreements have been made under Democratic Governors (Warner, Kaine) and Republicans (Gilmore, McDonnell). This “reciprocity” enabled the 420,000 Virginians with permits to carry concealed weapons in a total of 30 states.

Herring’s unilateral announcement will result in revocation of the ability of the Virginians to carry in six states (FL, LA, ND, PA, SC, and WY). In addition, the other 19 impacted states may revoke Virginia’s permits as well, since their citizens are no longer allowed to carry in Virginia.

Herring took this action even though state police have stated that they have no evidence of crimes committed by in-state or out-of-state permit holders.

As the Washington Post stated, “Herring’s move is in keeping with his embrace of liberal issues as he seeks a second term.” In doing so, he is following the guidance of groups that directly advocate circumventing legislatures to accomplish their goals. This is exactly the sort of executive overreach we have seen coming out of Washington. As he has in the past, Herring continues to put the political goals of his liberal supporters ahead of sound legal judgement.

Legislation has already been filed to that would address Herring’s announcement. The General Assembly will take this up in January. In the meantime, you can share your thoughts with Attorney General Herring here .

Sincerely,

Rob Bell
Delegate, 58th District

General Assembly Building P.O. Box 406
Richmond, Virginia 23218
Phone: (804) 698-1058
Fax: (804) 698-6758
Email: Delegate Rob Bell
Room Number: 801

VSP Reciprocity info
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#987189 - 12/28/15 07:33 AM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Rather see them force a legislative change than go than go tit-for-tat, but at least they're going to do something to get the ball rolling:

VA GOP May Take Away Armed Security for McAwful

Edited by Mark S (12/28/15 07:43 AM)

#987344 - 12/28/15 12:34 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
v8unleashed Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: nova
City or County: nova
The problem is McAwful will just veto whatever they pass. This fight is going to be won or lost in the appropriations bill.

#987372 - 12/28/15 01:52 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
Frizzman Offline
Harquebusier

Loc: Virginia Beach
City or County: Virginia Beach
I agree that the king and his servant should be subject to the same restrictions and means of self-defense as us commoners...NO MORE, no less...I am encouraging all friends and family crom out of state avoid Virginia as they do New York, Maryland, California, etc and that they let the governor and his servant know why this state is being boycotted...They also need to let anyplace they had planned to stay at why they will no longer stay or spend any money in the state...The gov and his lackeys need to experience the consequences and wrath of those economically injurded by this stupidity...

#987831 - 12/29/15 03:02 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
DieselRock Offline
Is Mildly Proficient At Karate

Loc: Chesterfield
City or County: RVA area
Hmm wonder what it would take to get the AG recalled then the governer . Similar has happened before in other states

#988707 - 12/31/15 07:20 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
MarkB Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Virginia Beach
I served my country for over 27 years. I was qualified and operated some of our countries most sophisticated weapons systems. During that time I was injured and had to go through 17 surgeries in defense of our country. I'm hundred percent disabled. I'm also a lifetime member of the VFW & the NRA. I am outraged on what are Virginia governor and our commander in chief we're trying to do to law abiding citizens like you and myself who have given our time, commitment and blood in defense of our country. We cannot allow this to continue that must make our voices heard like the citizens of Texas who are now allowed to open carry any firearm they have registered legally. This is where Virginia needs to follow. I would appreciate any feedback from my fellow citizens on my suggestions.

#988762 - 12/31/15 10:08 PM Re: HERE COMES GUN CONTROL [Re: VaGunTrader]
coptician Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Va
City or County: Chesapeake
SEnt to the AG a few minutes ago:

Sir,
I served 6 years in the US Navy and 30 years as a Virginia Beach Police Officer. Both of these pursuits required my vow to uphold the US Constitution. I took that very, very seriously. In my retirement years I watch as one government official after another works to tear down that which I and many others sacrificed daily to protect.
The right to bear arms is derived directly from the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Those rights come from our Creator. As such,the Bill of Rights delineates those to be protected from usurpation by our government. They are specifically NOT gratuitously granted by our government to be rescinded at its leisure.
In 30 years of police work I did not investigate ANY crime committed with a gun wielded by a licensed CCW holder from another state (or from this state, for that matter). I know of no other officer that has, either. Your arbitrary decision has no basis in fact nor experience and can only be viewed for what it is; a flank attack on the self defense rights of the citizens you swore to serve.
I have no desire to disparage you or your politics. I only ask that you view this with a clear head and common sense. Realize that this action does nothing to make responsible Virginians safer; it only serves to make criminals (the ones who don't care about ANY law) bolder in the face of increasing helplessness brought by arbitrary decisions such as this one you propose.
I watched a young man stand up to a very errant judge in court one day with the truest words I ever heard spoken in that courtroom: "Your honor I know you have the POWER to render a sentence on me. But we both know that you don't have the RIGHT."
You, too have the power sir, but you don't have the right. A wise man understands the difference. I'm hoping you will, also.

Signed

Edited by coptician (12/31/15 10:57 PM)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >