Who's Online
13 registered (Mari11, Scottybuck, RETYRED49, much ado, ken792, Machinegunsniper3117, KAHR, gungoboom, BishopofBling, keepitreal, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1042574 - 05/14/16 11:56 AM How to list an item - Go to the correct section
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
-Register and Log on

-Go to the appropriate section (handguns, ammo, etc). If you are selling a handgun go to the FOR SALE HANDGUNS section

- Click on NEW TOPIC towards the top-left of the screen

- Create a thread title and a description of your your item. Describe the item, what comes with it with a price.

--To post a picture: click on "upload picture", "chose file", then locate and chose your picture from your hard drive. Then click "add file", repeat for more than one picture. When you are done click "done adding files".

Please ensure you follow the site rules:

ALL for sale items MUST include a price either in the subject line or post description.

It is illegal to sell ammo reloads unless you have the appropriate type-06 FFL license.

#1065871 - 07/09/16 12:43 PM Re: How to list and item [Re: BobVA]
netstaff Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Heart of VA = Charlottesville
City or County: Charlottesville
I have made a For Sale listing. Have received "PMs" but no "Reply".

There is no Reply, Quote or Quick Quote buttons on my post.

Did I screw up somehow?

Chuck

#1066220 - 07/10/16 10:43 AM Re: How to list and item [Re: netstaff]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Originally Posted By: netstaff
I have made a For Sale listing. Have received "PMs" but [quote=netstaff]I have made a For Sale listing. Have received "PMs" but no "Reply".

There is no Reply, Quote or Quick Quote buttons on my post.

Did I screw up somehow?

Chuck

24 hrs before you can reply to your ad.

#1145216 - 01/18/17 05:08 PM Re: How to list and item [Re: BobVA]
mcdnd03 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: chesapeake
my images are jpeg why wont they post?

#1200417 - 05/19/17 06:23 PM Re: How to list and item [Re: BobVA]
Bombay_Bob Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Chesterfield County
I'm trying to create a listing for a handgun for sale. Your instructions say: "go to the appropriate section (handguns, ammo, etc). If you are selling a handgun go to the FOR SALE HANDGUNS section". I can't even find a list of the appropriate sections to go to. Where's the list?

Thanks.

#1200421 - 05/19/17 06:39 PM Re: How to list and item [Re: BobVA]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Click the link to see Handguns section

www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/3/1

#1200428 - 05/19/17 06:52 PM Re: How to list and item [Re: LaserJock]
Bombay_Bob Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Chesterfield County
Oh, it's in the forums list. Duh! Thanks.

#1210618 - 06/12/17 08:06 AM Re: How to list and item [Re: mcdnd03]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

City or County: Henrico County
Originally Posted By: mcdnd03
my images are jpeg why wont they post?

If you are using a computer then they are over the size limit allowed.

#1269518 - 10/24/17 08:37 AM Re: How to list and item [Re: BobVA]
volfan59 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: New Castle, Virginia
City or County: Craig

If you use pic editing software (I use Picasa) you can click on the "Export" button (down at the bottom when in edit mode) and reduce the file size. If you right click and highlight the pics you can export them all at once. Picasa defaults to 800 pixels, which is small enough to upload and retains the quality of the image. The exported folder can be found in mypictures/picasa/export....or something like that.

#1719400 - 01/26/21 11:31 AM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: BobVA]
amcmillion Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia, US
City or County: Mechanicsville, Hanover
Hello. I am new to this site. I have several beautiful pieces of gun stock wood (22 to be exact) that I would like to sell. A friend of mine passed away and left them with his wife. There are Claro, Black Walnut and English Walnut. It is just the wood. Where would I post the pictures and such to try and sell them. I also have a meat grinder (6 sausage stuffer) and a jerky gun that have never been opened I would like to sell. I just want to make sure I follow the rules. Thank you.

MOD EDIT: SENT A PM.

#1871161 - 03/27/22 07:10 AM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: amcmillion]
gunslinger123 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: virginia
City or County: alexandria
I will love to see them

#1920407 - 08/19/22 10:05 AM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: BobVA]
Blackdogxx Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Richmond
' go to the appropriate section ' means what ? If we do not know how to get to different sections, we cannot select the 'appropriate one'

#1922229 - 08/23/22 07:50 PM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: BobVA]
Blackdogxx Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Richmond
So just how do we go to 'the handgun section' and sell a handgun? Your instructions seem to assume anyone logging on already knows how to find the 'section' and go to the correct one. Some users only come by here once every year or two and the navigation is familiar to some people and not at all to those who seldom come by (and they do not come by if they fail every time to get results)... Can you see why? It is too complicated and not intuitive unless one already knows just what to do.

#1922233 - 08/23/22 08:10 PM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: BobVA]
vajac Offline
Bolt action

Loc: United States
City or County: Chester
hi go to the forum list and scroll down until you see it. good luck

#1922276 - 08/23/22 10:30 PM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: Blackdogxx]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: Blackdogxx
So just how do we go to 'the handgun section' and sell a handgun? Your instructions seem to assume anyone logging on already knows how to find the 'section' and go to the correct one. Some users only come by here once every year or two and the navigation is familiar to some people and not at all to those who seldom come by (and they do not come by if they fail every time to get results)... Can you see why? It is too complicated and not intuitive unless one already knows just what to do.

Originally Posted By: vajac
hi go to the forum list and scroll down until you see it. good luck

^^^ It really is just this simple.

I messaged you in February and answered some questions for you, that message is still open and you can respond to it at any time to ask more questions.

There is a section labeled "FOR SALE AND TRADE", within that are sections for various items( handguns, rifles, etc.).

Pick the section for the item you are posting and click it then look for the "NEW TOPIC" button near the top left and click it.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of any page you are on, there is a list of moderators that you can message for help also.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#2068027 - 11/19/23 03:26 PM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: BobVA]
Fireman9170 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Chesapeake, Va
City or County: Chesapeake
how do I convert HEIC images from an iPhone?

#2079491 - 12/28/23 09:06 AM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: BobVA]
alhun Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Norfolk
I've created an add to sell a gun safe under accessories; however, as I attempt to upload photos I am running into issues.

I select upload photos, then choose file, I select my first file, then my second file, I see them both listed in the File Manager portion of the window, but I am not able to click the 'Done Adding Files' box, it is non-responsive.

The two photos I am uploading combine to about 2MB in size so it's not a sizing issue..

Any suggestions?

#2079506 - 12/28/23 09:32 AM Re: How to list an item - Go to the correct section [Re: alhun]
alhun Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Norfolk
I figured it out I think, issue is trying to upload multiple photos at a time I guess. It's a bit wonky but I was able to get 1 photo published anyways.