Who's Online
1 registered (Speedyarms), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1419630 - 11/07/18 09:29 AM John Landry
Enbloc Offline
1 Yard Distance Target Shooting Champion

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Unfortunately I had a bad interaction with John and he welched hard on a deal. He had a nice No 4 mk 2 Enfield and ammo up for sale that I looked at and wanted. The same day as him posting (about a month ago on Oct. 18) I messaged him asking how much ammo he was including with the Enfield. He told me about 300 rounds, and then I shot him an offer and we settled on $45 less than asking price. I asked a couple questions, and I specifically say I would buy it / "take it." He had said in his ad that he travels to Fredericksburg often for work (he's in Gloucester area) so we arranged a meet on the coming Wednesday in Fredericksburg (with time details to follow). He then says his meeting was pushed to the next week. I understand and am fine with waiting (he had pulled down the ad very shortly after posting so I figure its mine). I ask him to let me know when he's coming by next week. I wait a while not wanting to bug him figuring he would get back to me or arrange a new meeting place (I wait 7 days). No response. The next day later I ask for info on what's going on. Then the following day he responds with a "Sorry not going to be up there anytime soon. I'll just keep it." I immediately figured this was just a way of getting out of the deal. This is not how you deal with someone's time and word. He could have just mentioned he couldn't travel far and I would have come to him (I offered to wait or meet closer to him). Then he hits me with a response of "i'm tired of answering questions and inquiries and I'm giving it my son, and sorry for the drama." What questions? I asked a few? What drama? You just flat out wasted my time and put my money I had reserved for this deal on hold for weeks (I missed another milsurp deal while waiting). He had it up for a couple days and I said I'd buy it within 3 hours. There couldn't have been much other inquiries and there was no need to answer others' questions if it was SPF. So I explained all this through text, thank him for at least getting back to me, and explain how this was a bad action. Then he brings up a divorce or something so he doesn't care about feedback and mentions he's tired. I know stuff happens in life, but it isn't an excuse to waste other people's energy and time. You know, I wouldn't have even wrote this whole thing if I hadn't see him today post a bunch of guns for sale (without prices, which is breaking rules) at a flea market he is going to (he isn't too tired then). The Enfield isn't in that list, so he had it up for sale, tested the waters, and just decided on keeping it after making a deal.

Other than that, John Landry seemed like a great member with feedback, but I guess it happens and I was unlucky that he welched on me. I'm not mad or anything (it's just a gun deal and I didn't wait in a lot for an hour), I'm just disappointed and would have liked to have the deal completed/made right. I recommend not dealing with this member unless he wants to make it right. Edit: Oh and he made a deal 4 days before backing out of our deal, look at his profile feedback.

Here are the screenshots of text conversation (it starts at the bottom and ends at the top:

https://imgur.com/a/TC6T7VW

Edited by Enbloc (11/07/18 09:31 AM)

#1419736 - 11/07/18 03:52 PM Re: John Landry [Re: Enbloc]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: Enbloc
Unfortunately I had a bad interaction with John and he welched hard on a deal. He had a nice No 4 mk 2 Enfield and ammo up for sale that I looked at and wanted. The same day as him posting (about a month ago on Oct. 18) I messaged him asking how much ammo he was including with the Enfield. He told me about 300 rounds, and then I shot him an offer and we settled on $45 less than asking price. I asked a couple questions, and I specifically say I would buy it / "take it." He had said in his ad that he travels to Fredericksburg often for work (he's in Gloucester area) so we arranged a meet on the coming Wednesday in Fredericksburg (with time details to follow). He then says his meeting was pushed to the next week. I understand and am fine with waiting (he had pulled down the ad very shortly after posting so I figure its mine). I ask him to let me know when he's coming by next week. I wait a while not wanting to bug him figuring he would get back to me or arrange a new meeting place (I wait 7 days). No response. The next day later I ask for info on what's going on. Then the following day he responds with a "Sorry not going to be up there anytime soon. I'll just keep it." I immediately figured this was just a way of getting out of the deal. This is not how you deal with someone's time and word. He could have just mentioned he couldn't travel far and I would have come to him (I offered to wait or meet closer to him). Then he hits me with a response of "i'm tired of answering questions and inquiries and I'm giving it my son, and sorry for the drama." What questions? I asked a few? What drama? You just flat out wasted my time and put my money I had reserved for this deal on hold for weeks (I missed another milsurp deal while waiting). He had it up for a couple days and I said I'd buy it within 3 hours. There couldn't have been much other inquiries and there was no need to answer others' questions if it was SPF. So I explained all this through text, thank him for at least getting back to me, and explain how this was a bad action. Then he brings up a divorce or something so he doesn't care about feedback and mentions he's tired. I know stuff happens in life, but it isn't an excuse to waste other people's energy and time. You know, I wouldn't have even wrote this whole thing if I hadn't see him today post a bunch of guns for sale (without prices, which is breaking rules) at a flea market he is going to (he isn't too tired then). The Enfield isn't in that list, so he had it up for sale, tested the waters, and just decided on keeping it after making a deal.

Other than that, John Landry seemed like a great member with feedback, but I guess it happens and I was unlucky that he welched on me. I'm not mad or anything (it's just a gun deal and I didn't wait in a lot for an hour), I'm just disappointed and would have liked to have the deal completed/made right. I recommend not dealing with this member unless he wants to make it right. Edit: Oh and he made a deal 4 days before backing out of our deal, look at his profile feedback.

Here are the screenshots of text conversation (it starts at the bottom and ends at the top:

https://imgur.com/a/TC6T7VW

PM sent to John Landry encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1419756 - 11/07/18 04:57 PM Re: John Landry [Re: Enbloc]
John Landry Offline
Tiggertrigger

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Gloucester
Endless texts and conversations and getting beat up on price makes me tired. I’m not retired and I’m busy busy. Sorry I can’t put you first in my life. Some people are offended at that. Sorry. Things change. I’m moving to Oregon next week. I don’t have time for this.

#1419842 - 11/07/18 08:31 PM Re: John Landry [Re: Enbloc]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have responded. Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln