Who's Online
13 registered (Awonder, STEVESKI, harley, Rich_K, BSA1944, Otislee, PMCguns, rootsman, 2ggstevo, WombatRider, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1468700 - 03/10/19 05:42 PM Quigley_EFFE
bobfox Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Virginia,Prince William
City or County: Prince William
For Folks on our site; this was my experience with Quigley_EFFE this morning in regards to his M1A for sale. My intent was not tire kicking and I actually found the exact same rifle on Gunbroker for $500 less (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/801521137) minus some of the sundries. I prefer dealing face to face as those of you who know me can attest. I just wanted good honest feedback on what the rifle is; I've not had the pleasure of shooting a Super Match. Anyway, below is the entire feed. My take on it; We all have bad days, but never judge anyone when you haven't walked in their shoes. Quigley_EFFE has presumed to make me the punching bag for our tire kickers and I've never met nor spoken with him. He had excellent feedback previously. Folks, take this thread for what it's worth.

bobfox: M1A Super Match USMC Camo
Hello Sir,

I wanted to at least touch base with you on this one as I have wanted one forever and a day and not seen many over the course of time. Not sure what kind of hurry you are in to sell this one but I have engaged in slowly filling the piggy bank for that rainy day and also wondering what you could do on a local sale vs the shipped price - I'm in Woodbridge and work at Quantico. I've not done any long range shooting (anything over 300 meters is long range to me) but have wondered what a fellow could do with one of these and some patience and practice.

Thank you for entertaining me; certainly a beautiful rifle!

Kind regards,
Pete

03/10/19 | 06:57 AM
Quigley_EFFE: M1A Super Match USMC Camo
Like the post states: Im not destitute. Please dont make offers that would suggest that I am and that youre doing me a favor.

$2,800.00

03/10/19 | 10:10 AM
P.S. If youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between s#!t and syphilis. In addition, charity can also be found residing betwixt cack and cuckold.

03/10/19 | 12:01 PM
Well Sir, none of the above was my intent - message received.

03/10/19 | 01:19 PM
I wouldnt have had to send said message if you possessed even the most elementary of reading comprehension. But you think Im selling because I need the money. If you read the post you wouldnt have asked the question. I think a poly tech or armscorp M1A is more within your price point.
Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle — He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge.

#1469011 - 03/11/19 12:25 PM Re: Quigley_EFFE [Re: bobfox]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: bobfox
For Folks on our site; this was my experience with Quigley_EFFE this morning in regards to his M1A for sale. My intent was not tire kicking and I actually found the exact same rifle on Gunbroker for $500 less (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/801521137) minus some of the sundries. I prefer dealing face to face as those of you who know me can attest. I just wanted good honest feedback on what the rifle is; I've not had the pleasure of shooting a Super Match. Anyway, below is the entire feed. My take on it; We all have bad days, but never judge anyone when you haven't walked in their shoes. Quigley_EFFE has presumed to make me the punching bag for our tire kickers and I've never met nor spoken with him. He had excellent feedback previously. Folks, take this thread for what it's worth.

Hello Sir,

I wanted to at least touch base with you on this one as I have wanted one forever and a day and not seen many over the course of time. Not sure what kind of hurry you are in to sell this one but I have engaged in slowly filling the piggy bank for that rainy day and also wondering what you could do on a local sale vs the shipped price - I'm in Woodbridge and work at Quantico. I've not done any long range shooting (anything over 300 meters is long range to me) but have wondered what a fellow could do with one of these and some patience and practice.

Thank you for entertaining me; certainly a beautiful rifle!

Kind regards,
Pete

03/10/19 | 06:57 AM
Like the post states: Im not destitute. Please dont make offers that would suggest that I am and that youre doing me a favor.

$2,800.00

03/10/19 | 10:10 AM
P.S. If youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between s#!t and syphilis. In addition, charity can also be found residing betwixt cack and cuckold.

03/10/19 | 12:01 PM
Well Sir, none of the above was my intent - message received.

03/10/19 | 01:19 PM
I wouldnt have had to send said message if you possessed even the most elementary of reading comprehension. But you think Im selling because I need the money. If you read the post you wouldnt have asked the question. I think a poly tech or armscorp M1A is more within your price point.

Pm sent to Quigley_EFFE inviting him to respond.

Others not involved are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1469019 - 03/11/19 01:15 PM Re: Quigley_EFFE [Re: bobfox]
Quigley_EFFE Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
First off, I don’t know why people cannot read. The post clearly stated that I am not destitute. But this member can’t read or just thinks that his sob story is going to tug at my heart strings. If he would’ve read it, he would’ve never made comments such as if I was in a hurry to sell it.

His feedback should be deleted because he’s upset that he can’t afford something.

As aforementioned, that’s why I put the “Please Read” and price in the Subject. If you can’t afford something don’t ask. If it says “no trades” don’t offer them. I’m not interested in chainsaws, snow tires etc.

It’s amazing that he made it through Boot Camp.

#1469020 - 03/11/19 01:19 PM Re: Quigley_EFFE [Re: bobfox]
Quigley_EFFE Offline
Bolt action

Actually BobFox went to “Basic Training”. Which probably explains a lot.

#1469023 - 03/11/19 01:32 PM Re: Quigley_EFFE [Re: bobfox]
Quigley_EFFE Offline
Bolt action

Originally Posted By: bobfox
My intent was not tire kicking and I actually found the exact same rifle on Gunbroker for $500 less (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/801521137) minus some of the sundries.

He had excellent feedback previously. Folks, take this thread for what it's worth..

Yes, your intent was to tire kick or else you wouldn’t have asked what I could do for someone local. And if you found one cheaper, go get that one. Stating such is weak negotiation.

And yes, I do have excellent feedback and what a rational person can take away from your little whining session is that you’re poor and upset that you couldn’t afford it and wouldn’t be accommodated.