Who's Online
14 registered (FEgg, Eric Pugh, hammer553, eunylee241, Lthrnck1775, Bpearce312, ORCGUY, Topkick, Yamahayz250rider, kapon, 4 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1467249 - 03/07/19 10:45 AM Little Fun With A Glock 45
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Loc: Hampton Roads
City or County: Hampton
I usually leave my glocks in their factory configuration, but I decided to play around with a Glock 45 and figured I would share the progress here.

What I’ve done so far is as follows:
Factory Glock 45 - $450
Extended takedown lever - $9.99
Glock extended slide stop - $16.95
Hyve extended magazine release - $19.99
Tango Down baseplates -$18
Tango Down grip plug/takedown tool - $14.92
Stainless steel pins - $11.50
Hyve backplate - $9.99
Honey comb laser stippling on frame and back strap - $0
Aluminum gray Agency Arms flat drop in trigger - $150
Ghost Pro 3.3 and spring kit - $52
Polish Trigger bar - $0
Polish slide stop- $0
ATF Form 1 Efile to make a SBR - $200 (filed and awaiting approval)
Fab Defense Cobra Stock- $87
AAC Threaded barrel - $85
Outer Impact red dot mount - $50
Leupold Deltapoint Pro- $280
Gen 5 19 MOS slide with Trijicon suppressor height sights - $200
Fab Defense “foregrip safety system” - $48

Current total investment: $1702.34

What’s left:
Single trigger undercut

What I’m on the fence about:
Form 1 suppressor OR SilencerCo Omega 9K

I will update pictures as stuff changes but here’s what it looks like right now.

Agency trigger just arrived. Got it installed in about 4 minutes. Pretty happy with it so far but a range trip or two will tell the tale.

Polished up the trigger bar and slide stop. Also installed the 3.3 Pro Ghost Connector. Not sure if I did it 100% right but tinkering is half of the fun. Anyway, the trigger feels GREAT.

Picked up an AAC threaded barrel for a steal of a deal. Threw my new carry knife in there as well. Benchmade North Fork.

I can’t get any more pictures in the top post, so I’ll be adding them to the bottom from now on.

Under no circumstances will I do a deal with Paul Gagni, from Virginia Beach. Buyers and sellers beware of this guy.

#1467273 - 03/07/19 11:57 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
tommyhof Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Virginia Beach
That is nice. Where is the stippling done.

#1467282 - 03/07/19 12:27 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

It was done at Rooster Concepts in VA Beach. Their work is good but you’ve got to double check them before they start, particularly if you’re doing NFA engraving.

Under no circumstances will I do a deal with Paul Gagni, from Virginia Beach. Buyers and sellers beware of this guy.

#1467745 - 03/08/19 01:32 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
tommyhof Offline
Gun fool

City or County: Virginia Beach
Thanks

#1467885 - 03/08/19 07:34 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Of course.

#1468175 - 03/09/19 12:51 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Range report after doing the laser stippling and agency trigger:

The stipple felt good in my hands while shooting, but I wouldn’t say it made any difference at all. I would only suggest it to folks who like the aesthetics of it. If it were not free, I’d probably be less happy with it.

The agency trigger was a pretty nice upgrade from the OEM trigger. It wasn’t *as* nice as I was hoping for the price, so I’m going to mess with connectors. We’ll see how it goes.

The only real complaint I have about it is the fact that the trigger sits just a little lower than the OEM trigger. That causes my index finger to rub on the trigger guard. It isn’t a huge deal, but after a bunch of dry fires, it was fairly noticeable.

#1468508 - 03/10/19 09:46 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
DRDinthe703 Offline
9mm Junkie

City or County: Ashland
That's really nice!

#1468727 - 03/10/19 07:04 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
XDSbob Offline
Addicted

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Chesapeake
Wow Kyle. You made that pretty nice, and I am sure there is more to come.

#1468728 - 03/10/19 07:08 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Thanks man. It shot really well and I liked it a lot, so why not change everything? hehe

#1469130 - 03/11/19 04:37 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

I went to the range again during my lunch break and was able to pick up a Ghost “ultimate” 3.5 lb connector. It took a little more than a minute to disassemble the gun and swap out the connectors right there at the range bench.

I was left with an even smoother trigger and I’m happy that I spent the $20. I’d like to see just how nice I can get this drop in trigger to be, so I have plans on buying a spring kit next.

I have not used a trigger pull gauge yet, but will do so.

#1469711 - 03/12/19 10:26 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Did a lot of dry firing tonight. It’s hard to put to words, but the trigger just didn’t feel right. I bent the connector inwards a bit and it fixed that right up. I’m way happier with the feel of the trigger now, but I’m still going to go tinker some more.

I decided to go with the Ghost PRO 3.3 trigger kit. Between the springs and the fitted connector, it should make it as nice as it’s going to be. Once that little project is done I guess I’ll SBR it.

#1472902 - 03/20/19 07:47 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Got the 3.3 Pro kit in. I haven’t fit the connector yet but the springs made a pretty damn big difference.

#1473579 - 03/22/19 05:47 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

If you frequent the shoutbox, you’ve likely seen me say that I had an issue with my trigger when I did not have a magazine inserted. What was happening was the trigger would have to be pulled back much further (and often much harder) if a magazine wasn’t inserted. In fact, if I kept the trigger back to where it SHOULD break and then inserted a magazine, it WOULD break. The only thing that made sense to me was that there was an issue with the trigger bar because I would swap out the Agency trigger with the OEM trigger and the problem went right away.

I didn’t want to abandon the flat face trigger shoe of the Agency trigger, but I didn’t get a warm and fuzzy feeling about how it was acting without a magazine. What I decided to do was swap trigger bars between the OEM and Agency triggers. I don’t view it as the perfect solution, because what I now basically have is a $150 trigger shoe from Agency Arms and I’ve lost a spare part.

I haven’t decided if I’ll just polish the OEM trigger bar and call it good, or ask Agency for another one of their trigger bars. What I do know is that I wouldn’t buy another Agency trigger in the future.

The part I circled on the trigger bars are what interface with the safety plunger. Agency changes the profile here and I believe that’s what the root cause of my issue. My guess is that my particular trigger bar had too much material removed. However, I’m not exactly sure why a magazine being inserted would make such a big difference.

#1476964 - 03/31/19 10:53 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Got my form 1 Efile done the other day.

This is about what it’ll look like with the Cobra stock.

#1483284 - 04/18/19 09:51 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Got the rear sight off and installed an Outer Impact mount. The DeltaPoint Pro installed easily and I’m happy with it overall.

Need to get some rounds down range but I can already tell that I’d be much happier with a MOS slide or an optic cut, so that the red dot can sit lower.

#1485317 - 04/23/19 11:24 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Went ahead and got a gen 5 19 MOS slide to bring the optic down.

Even with the MOS slide, the supressor height sights are more like a lower 1/3 co-witness, which is actually alright by me.

The only thing left is to get my form 1 approved and slap on a cobra stock.

#1486227 - 04/26/19 05:39 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Got in a quick trip to the range to sight in the Deltapoint. I brought one target and five magazines. The bottom right target was my sight in target and the other four were shot as quickly as I could without getting yelled at for “rapid fire”.

I’m very happy with the optic and how well I’m shooting the pistol. Distance was between 10-12 yards.

#1487525 - 04/30/19 02:15 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

City or County: Staunton
I have been pondering a glock 19 for quite a while. You have definitely inspired me to go for it and to change it! Thanks for taking the time to post this thread.

#1488305 - 05/02/19 09:18 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
That is one very nice Glock. Well done sir.

#1488405 - 05/03/19 08:53 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: ktyhawk]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Originally Posted By: wscrst
I have been pondering a glock 19 for quite a while. You have definitely inspired me to go for it and to change it! Thanks for taking the time to post this thread.

It’s been a lot of fun playing around with modifying a Glock for the first time, and in a lot of ways I wish I would have done so sooner.

On the other hand, Glock just announced a g45 MOS. I strongly believe that it will be the best pistol they have ever produced (in every other way than perhaps suitability for concealed carry). Had I waited for the G45 MOS I could have saved some money in this build and had the same serial numbers on my slide and frame.

Having the slide sent out for an optic cut would have been more economical than the route I took, and it would have allowed me to have the red dot sit a little lower. The extended wait times (6-8 weeks) and not being able to change red dots in the future are what kept me from doing that instead of going with a MOS slide.

I’m glad that you’ve gotten something out of this thread and I hope you enjoy the updates as I finish this build up.

Originally Posted By: ktyhawk
That is one very nice Glock. Well done sir.

Thank you very much. I’m very happy with how it has been coming together.

#1504952 - 06/19/19 08:05 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Form 1 was approved and I got the Cobra stock and vertical fore grip installed. There’s a pretty decent amount of flex in the fore grip, so I may just put a light on it instead.

The fore grip does fold and allows the stock to be folded while it’s installed.

#1508906 - 06/30/19 05:24 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
That was a fast form 1 approval!

#1508956 - 06/30/19 08:36 PM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

frown would have been 15 days but I made a mistake on the first one I filed.

It was my first e-form. Hoping to see them get them up and running on form 4s soon.

#1655943 - 06/30/20 09:45 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Been so long since I’ve updated this that my form 4 was approved on my Dead Air Wolfman.

Stock extended and Wolfman in the long configuration.

Folded and in the K configuration.

The slide was milled and a type 2 RMR06 put on top. XS standard dot suppressor height sights co-witness well. The end plate is the Tango Down offering. It’s just wife enough to make racking the slide without snatching the optic easy, but I probably wouldn’t put one on a plain Jane pistol.

#1662590 - 07/31/20 10:19 AM Re: Little Fun With A Glock 45 [Re: Koenreich]
Apple a Day Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Peninsula
City or County: Peninsula
That is the single best looking stipple job I've ever seen. Most of them look like their retriever chewed on it but that actually looks great!
Quite a rig. Very nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >