Who's Online
8 registered (GrantG, Dlsims, MegaArsenal, BSA1944, ejmack, Musky_Mike, komet45, Blackeagle223), 13 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1592044 - 02/07/20 06:00 PM My horrible experience with 50 West Armory
Skullhead Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Va
City or County: fairfax
Hello everyone, hate to start my first post about my recent gun store experience, but I hope it's a lesson for whoever might be going to 50 West Armory.

I hate to bash any business, as a business owner myself, I know what customer review means to a business, I always believed in shop local to support your local business and oh boy what an adventure was i about to face. I walked in to 50 West last year(2019) August 12 to purchase my first suppressor.I walked in and the people on the front desk was very polite and they served me immediately, I talked to them about a suppressor that I wanted to buy(YHM Turbo K), It was relatively cheap and thought it might be a good starting point. I forgot the gentlemen's name who I talked to, he suggested me to go for the .30 caliber version of the suppressor and told me that it's currently in stock and should arrive to the shop next week. I placed my order right there and they provided me the fingerprint card and told me to come back next week to get my Form 4 started. I came the following week, they said my suppressor was not yet in and they told me I will need to check again next week. So I waited another week, now it's been 2 weeks since I first placed my order. I called back to them the following week and asked if my suppressor has arrived, they said It's on Backorder and they do not know when it will arrive. Well, now I'm 770 dollars out without a suppressor and have no clue when i will receive it. I patiently waited and regularly called them back to check on my order, they keep saying it's out of stock and at this point, on Nov 01, 2019, after 81 DAYS of waiting for my supposedly in stock suppressor, I had no call back from 50 West regarding my order and I had to chase after them on bi-weekly bases for my suppressor status . I decided to pay them a visit to see if I can either get a different one that is actually IN STOCK rather than waiting for this one. I came in on Nov 01, 2019. This time the gentlemen who served me was Camron, he said he can order a Silencer Co Hybrid and should be in within 2 weeks. I paid the difference of 356.99 so they can order it immediately. Now my nightmare begins, after the order was placed, I thought I should receive it within 2 weeks, but there was no communication from 50 West once again. I chased after Camron, visit their store no less than 3 times, but was promised that 'It will come in next week' BS. After over 2 months of waiting, I finally received my suppressor. Jason told me to just come in to do the Form 4, but at this point, I pretty much-lost trust of this business and wanted my suppressor to be transferred to Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn, VA. They told me I need to pay $200 to do this transfer, when in fact this cost a dealer $0 to do. I bent over and paid the $200 and told Camron please get this done as soon as possible. Now another wait begins, Today is 2/7/2020, after a total of 180 DAYS of me waiting for my suppressor, they have not yet transferred my suppressor. I'm currently out $1327.44 of my hard earn money, Don't know when 50 West will drop off my suppressor that's literally 20 minutes away from their store.. I know a lot of local gun store business and frequently shop there, however, 50 West was a complete nightmare to deal with. I hate to see another gun store go to ruin, but personally, I have totally lost trust in them.

#1592882 - 02/09/20 01:14 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Demand refunds and go to Hanson Brothers. There isn't a single decent gun shop left in NOVA, they all suck or have some horrible quirk.

#1593076 - 02/09/20 10:04 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Execprotect]
g-shooter Offline
Great at putting the worm on the hook!!

Loc: NoVa
City or County: Alexandria
All shooters is good and Va Arms is making an effort!

If you are a Leader without followers you aren't leading...you are taking a walk.

#1596704 - 02/18/20 02:48 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
OSU84 Offline
Retired Army,former LEO, Disabled Veteran

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
JC Firearms in Stafford does suppressors and has excellent service. I have known Jack for years and he get all of my business.
101st ABN
Former LEO Tulsa, OK
NRA Endowment Member

#1596757 - 02/18/20 04:33 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
Yeah I would've wanted my money back inbthe first place after the initial issue.

Charles.

#1597051 - 02/19/20 10:04 AM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
richiecotite Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Prince William
That sucks. Only NFA item I've bought was from Proven Arms and it was easy peeasy.

Someone else mentioned Hahnsohn Bros. They are suppressor experts and I've never heard of a bad experience.

All Shooters Tactical is hands down the best gun store in NOVA. They have and get in all sorts of good stuff, from cheap rugers to Korths and Nighthawks.

#1598866 - 02/23/20 06:11 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
It’s common to purchase NFA items that aren’t in stock and just start the Form 4 with the serial number. SiCo issues that upon purchase and your F4 will take a year to clear anyway.

#1612118 - 03/26/20 01:26 AM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
stone2032 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: stone2032
City or County: Centreville
Don’t feel bad, I was also burnt by 50west Armory once... now all my business goes to Don @ Trojan Firearms in Manassas, I’ve never had a problem there!

#1616276 - 04/02/20 09:46 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: stone2032]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
Originally Posted By: stone2032
Don’t feel bad, I was also burnt by 50west Armory once... now all my business goes to Don @ Trojan Firearms in Manassas, I’ve never had a problem there!

Just make sure to use a credit card so you can do a chargeback when they wont return calls or emails.

#1616285 - 04/02/20 10:07 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
RShadow Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Manassas
Not trying to bash the OP, but give some perspective from 50's side. It's possible that the specific suppressor you ordered was in limited stock and when they placed the order it went out of stock. Over at Blackfish Armory they at least wont order something that is in low stock without and understanding in place. Plus if you order an NFA item through them they will let you shoot it there while you wait for approval.

#1619865 - 04/09/20 11:45 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
CTeates Offline
Single barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Haymarket
I was in there at 50WA recently, and they were telling people "were the only store open" that's the best price your going to get anywhere" "everyone else is closed anyway" as they were openly price gouging and lying to people. It was disgusting. I will never give them any business ever again.

#1625603 - 04/21/20 01:49 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
Tinygnat219 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Northern
Issue a chargeback on your credit card. That will get their attn.

#1628939 - 04/28/20 04:52 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Execprotect]
Scuba_Steve Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Reston
Originally Posted By: Execprotect
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Demand refunds and go to Hanson Brothers. There isn't a single decent gun shop left in NOVA, they all suck or have some horrible quirk.

I guess I am weighing in pretty late, but another vote for Hanson Brothers.

I bought my first suppressor from them online...and their online stock was actually accurate. I could have done everything by mail, but instead I drove down, to the "shop", which is really in Ray's basement, although it's more professionally setup than that statement might imply. Ray is a prince. He walked me through everything, including taking my picture and fingerprints and telling me exactly where to sign. He then handled the paperwork, telling me now that he has all my info, I don't need to ever come down again if I don't want to for future purchases.

This appears to be a retirement pursuit for Ray and a side gig for his son, so I don't think being anything less than straight shooters is worth their time.

#1635872 - 05/13/20 10:18 AM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
yankee-carpet-bagger Offline
Double barrel

City or County: NOVA
50 West is mega dildos. That is all. Fairfax County sucks anyway, go spend your money in another county. The only place left worth stopping by these days is F3 Tactical (gun parts only).

#1874424 - 04/04/22 05:48 PM Re: My horrible experience with 50 West Armory [Re: Skullhead]
wmolnar Offline
Addicted

Loc: Loudoun County
City or County: south riding-Chantilly
I bought a Taurus G3 for $280 from PSA once. They were going to send it 50 west because they had their FFL info on file. The next day I called them to let them know and the guy that I talked to was a major turd! Said his transfer fee was $150, and that he sold the same gun for $600. Lost my business for good!

Edited by wmolnar (04/04/22 05:49 PM)