Who's Online
11 registered (Justin94, Hobbez84, Defender3, et63, Blu18, Kip30, VA Jim, Speedyarms, 3 invisible), 8 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1589599 - 02/01/20 07:36 PM Done with the Gun Show
metricmonkeywren Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Fredericksburg
After the last outing at the Convention Center I’ve decided it’s my last show there for a while. Seeing the same overcrowded tables of black rifles, plastic pistols and all the accessories for both I have had enough.

I miss the tables of used and second hand reloading and shooting gear. Where did the little guys go? I’m mostly interested in used casting and reloading gear.

I refuse to go to Chantilly as that is reportedly worse and Dale City didn’t have much to offer.

Any thoughts on the Richmond or Manasas shows?

Otherwise I’m left with the meager pickings at Gander or the long drive to Green Top as well as on line for supplies

#1596503 - 02/17/20 08:41 PM Re: Done with the Gun Show [Re: metricmonkeywren]
Kysurles Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ruther glen
I went to Richmond show not long ago. Terrible idea,never again! As you mentioned over crowded and every table was full of AR's and pistol which it seemed was the only thing people were interested in. It benefited me because I was the only person looking at shotguns and older rifles.
If there's something in particular your looking for gunbroker you can find almost anything. I myself have also had good luck at pawn shops and a few mom and pop local shops. Other then they greentop it is.

Good luck!

#1596702 - 02/18/20 02:46 PM Re: Done with the Gun Show [Re: metricmonkeywren]
OSU84 Offline
Retired Army,former LEO, Disabled Veteran

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
It is getting harder and harder to find anything other than ARs and modern handguns as you say.I like haunting the pawnshops and checking out Greentop when I am in the Richmond area. The Tulsa gun show is the largest in the country and there is still a good selection of all types of firearms there still. We just have to dig a little harder now than we did 20-30 years ago. I have made a few finds at garage sales over the years too.
101st ABN
Former LEO Tulsa, OK
NRA Endowment Member

#1596745 - 02/18/20 04:15 PM Re: Done with the Gun Show [Re: metricmonkeywren]
Bullet41 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Dumfries
City or County: Prince William County
Twice a year, the Virginia Gun Collector's Association (VGCA) puts on a small show that definitely has a better selection of non-plastic guns. I like the show because it feels more intimate and has lots of little guys.

V.G.C.A.
GUN SHOW
PRINCE WILLIAM FAIRGROUNDS
MARCH 28 & 29, 2020
SAT. 9 - 5, SUN. 10 - 4

Bullet 41, LLC
Email: patrick_moses@bullet41.com

IYAAYAS

#1598499 - 02/22/20 09:06 PM Re: Done with the Gun Show [Re: metricmonkeywren]
smartcar Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA