Who's Online
12 registered (Gnome, DWillis, Kevinlee93, Dhoard21, Mw7113, PMOORE, vshlopak, Bob_K, tms6, 3 invisible), 13 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1614108 - 03/29/20 04:26 PM AR-15 Pistols Bolt not Fully Closing
DKennison Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Louisa
Appreciate any help on this matter. I have a brand new Saint Victor AR-15 pistol and a Ruger 5.56 AR pistol. Both are having the same issue of when I release the bolt to chamber in a round it won’t fully close and the charging handle jams. This requires me to disassemble the gun and use a screwdriver to pull the bolt back. This happened originally with a live round but I got it out, now I’ve been trying to figure the problem out with a spent casing.

My MP15 can eject the casing no problem when I pull the charging handle, and when I use the BCG from either the Springfield or Ruger in my MP15 it works find so I don’t believe it’s the extractor or the BCG in general. I’ve tried to see if maybe it’s my gas tube, but using a gravity test the BCG falls into place easily on both the Saint and the Ruger. I’m running out of ideas and I’m a little angry that both of these guns have this issue. I’m not sure if maybe it’s the buffer tube and spring but I’m not sure how to test that issue, maybe put the spring from my MP15 in the Saint and Ruger. Any ideas on how to fix this? I’ll add some pictures.

#1614110 - 03/29/20 04:28 PM Re: AR-15 Pistols Bolt not Fully Closing [Re: DKennison]
DKennison Offline
Bolt action

Btw, cleaned and oiled them up and everything and that still wouldn’t fix the issue. I’ve also fired guns brand new out of the box without doing a pre-lim cleaning and they still worked fine so I can’t say that’s the issue either.

#1614119 - 03/29/20 04:42 PM Re: AR-15 Pistols Bolt not Fully Closing [Re: DKennison]
DKennison Offline
Bolt action

Tried the buffer tube from the MP15 in my Saint and issue continues. Also, spring and tube are same size in both of them.

Edited by DKennison (03/29/20 04:46 PM)

#1614280 - 03/29/20 08:54 PM Re: AR-15 Pistols Bolt not Fully Closing [Re: DKennison]
Texasflyboy Offline
"$5 for all answers to Shoutbox questions"

Loc: Falls Church, Va
City or County: Falls Church
Try loosening the Mag catch button one turn at a time. Your Bolt Carrier Group may be dragging on a mag. Try different mags. Try loading a round without a mag to see if it at least chambers. Check to see if you have drag marks on top of the feed lips on the mag you are using.