Who's Online
7 registered (geatkins, HMB123, JRinVA, BoneJr, 3 invisible), 13 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1696088 - 11/24/20 11:06 AM Lobby Day 2021
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
This is from the VCDL Alert. To get this FREE alert go to https://vcdl.org/VA-ALERT
--------------------------------------------------------
The Virginia anti-gun Democrat leadership is trying desperately to suppress VCDL's Lobby Day in 2021 - but they won't succeed. Lobby Day this year will be more eye-popping than last year and you will be warmer to boot!

The Governor and the Democrats that control the General Assembly really, really don't want another massive VCDL Lobby Day and rally on January 18, 2021, so games are being played to silence us.

VCDL was told years ago that an application to use the Bell Tower for an event more than six months out would not even be accepted. We have followed that rule, booked six months out, and gotten the 11 am slot for 17 years. This year, when we applied exactly six months out, we were told that the 11 am slot was already booked! In fact, every slot was filled except the 6 am and 6 pm slots.

How was that even possible? We had booked right at the six month mark.

We got a copy of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) document containing the applications that had been accepted by the Department of General Services (DGS) for Lobby Day on January 18, 2021. Lo and behold - the 11am slot had been requested by Andrew Goddard and Lori Haas with the Virginia Center For Public Safety (a gun-control group with ties to Michael Bloomberg). Here's the kicker - DGS accepted the application, which had been filed OVER A YEAR IN ADVANCE (January 14, 2020)! That was even before the VCDL's 2020 Lobby Day event!

If Lori Haas's name sounds familiar, she's the paid gun-control lobbyist who the Democrats put on the supposedly non-partisan Crime Commission a few months ago, destroying the Commission's credibility on any gun-related items.

The other slots were taken by the following organizations (note the dates the applications were submitted - all self-proclaimed progressive organizations, all magically within a few days of Goddard's application, and all before VCDL's Lobby Day 2020!):

9 am: Care in Action. Applied on January 17, 2020.
1 pm: Progress Virginia (another gun-control rally). Applied on January 17, 2020.
3 pm: New Virginia Majority. Applied on January 19, 2020.

DGS's own rules say they will grant the venues to the first applicant with a valid application. That would have made VCDL the first valid applicant for the 11 am slot (or any of the slots for that matter). But that's not what is being done.

And that's not all: notification of who has actually gotten the slots won't be known until mid-December, making planning for such an event very difficult.

A new set of rules is in the process of being passed, which will allow DGS to postpone the event if the Governor or the General Assembly decides they want to use the grounds at that time. So, the day before Lobby Day, DGS could decide that some Senator needs to use the Bell Tower for one of his events and VCDL's event will be cancelled and moved to some other date. Also, If more than the maximum number of people show up for an event, it can be cancelled. I kid you not. Proposed changes can be seen here.

And then there are all the COVID-19 games that can be played by the Governor, as well as the House holding their session virtually in 2021.

If the Governor and the Democrats in the General Assembly want to play games in order to suppress our right to free speech, then we'll play a game of our own: it's called #Rolling4the2A, and this they can't stop.

You may have heard of the annual "Rolling Thunder" event in DC and the massive "Trump Trains" recently. Both involve hundreds of vehicles with flags and signs traveling together to express support for a cause.

VCDL is going to do that on January 18, but on steroids!

VCDL's lobbying effort on January 18 is going to consist of thousands of vehicles in four major caravans coming from the corners of the state and all of them headed to Richmond! We will post the times the various caravans should be passing key locations so those along the routes can join the caravans as it passes by their area.

The four major caravans will all flood into the Richmond area over a 4 hour period in the afternoon and will pass through the center of Richmond, near wherever the Senate is meeting.

We will have flags and magnetic signs for all the vehicles which are taking part in this event, so everyone watching the seemingly never-ending flow of vehicles will have no doubt about the mission of those vehicles.

We are already planning on how to cover and coordinate this event over social media, including having guest speakers live-streaming and allowing everyone to know where the various caravans are located as they move across the state.

Obviously we want as many vehicles as possible in each caravan, but we are looking at having some "decked-out" buses ("wrapped" with pro-gun messages) for those who simply cannot drive, but still want to be part of this incredible event.

As a bonus, you can stay armed, you can stay warm and/or dry in your vehicle, and no worries about finding a place to park!

This is going to be SOOOO cool. Yes, there will be a lot of driving from some of you, but it will be worth it. The message we will be sending will be heard not only in Richmond, but in the whole state, and across the country!

What if I want to park my vehicle and walk around Richmond armed?

While VCDL is not holding an event in Richmond, you are certainly allowed to park your car and walk around the City armed if you wish. Carry signs if you wish, too. The Richmond ordinance banning guns at a permitted event only applies if:

1. It is a permitted event or should have been a permitted event - you walking around Richmond is neither. Regardless of how many people decide to do so at the same time, it is irrelevant as long as they are not doing it as some kind of a coordinated effort
2. There must be "no guns" signs posted by the City and they can only post those signs temporarily for permitted events.

NOTES IF YOU ARE CARRYING A RIFLE OR A HANDGUN:

If you are planning to travel with a rifle or a handgun, either as a resident or a non-resident, please ensure you are aware of the applicable gun-laws. The Virginia State Police website has some good information on transporting firearms (https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms_Transporting.shtm).

For those with 'scary' black rifles or with certain handguns, please maintain awareness of Virginia code 18.2-287.4 "Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited" found at https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter7/section18.2-287.4/. Basically, if you are planning to carry a loaded, center-fire rifle or handgun with a threaded barrel, a folding stock (rifle only), or with a magazine in the gun that holds MORE than 20 rounds in Richmond, you must have a valid concealed handgun permit (all non-resident concealed carry permits are honored by Virginia).

Except as specified in the previous paragraph, open carry of a long gun or a handgun does not require a permit in Virginia. If you have a permit, only handguns can be carried concealed, NOT long guns.

Watch for updates over the next few weeks

You will be told the following things over VA-ALERT and they will also be posted on the VCDL.org website:

* How to get the flags and magnet signs with pro-gun messages for your vehicle
* The exact routes and approximate times that each caravan will pass through key locations
* Links to where you can hear VCDL's invited speakers, as well as follow the progress of the caravans

I'll see you at #Rolling4the2A on January 18, 2021! And for those of you from other states, come join us! Richmond, here we come!

Please use these tags on social media when referring to Lobby Day 2021: #Rolling4the2a #VCDL

#1696440 - 11/25/20 11:20 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Freedom1973 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Travel Virginia w/job
City or County: Fauquier
I'm all in! Last year was amazing. We need to repeat things this year with a huge roll out. I've taken the day off from work and will be there Loud and Proud.

#1697037 - 11/27/20 10:32 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
smartcar Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Prince William County
I plan to roll up the bell tower with a bull horn. I see no reason not to exercise my 1A rights via a loud noise making device!!!!

Now, what we need are a few people with a train/ship fog horn!!!!

#1698186 - 11/30/20 04:39 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
We plan on loading up the deuce & half with people and riding in strong ! NO COMMUNISM AND SCREW COMMISSAR NORTHAMS DEMANDS
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1698336 - 12/01/20 01:15 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: smartcar]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
Originally Posted By: smartcar
I plan to roll up the bell tower with a bull horn. I see no reason not to exercise my 1A rights via a loud noise making device!!!!

Now, what we need are a few people with a train/ship fog horn!!!!

How about the DIXIE horn!!!

#1698451 - 12/01/20 11:05 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County
A Ship's Fog horn... awesome.

#1699058 - 12/02/20 10:54 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Rootboy Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Richmond, VA
City or County: Henrico
I suggest to make this a "horn" "lobbying" event "Blow your horn" if you love freedom and support the 2A......Bull Horn, Fog Horn, Train Horn, Ship Horn, Car horn Truck horn, air raid horn.......at the bell tower.... loud.many.continuously.all.day.long......hee hee hee.....#Rolling4the2A

Edited by Rootboy (12/02/20 11:08 PM)

#1705146 - 12/18/20 07:04 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
The deuces horn sounds like a freight train , we will be noticed
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1710529 - 01/03/21 11:32 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Snallygaster Offline
Single barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Nelson
I personally think the various "rendezvous" points should be in front of the local Democratic Rep/senator's house. Assemble there, then head to RVA.

#1710696 - 01/03/21 07:02 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Priapus Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Chesterfield
Would anyone be interested in rolling down Monument Ave, stopping at the Lee Monument for a stroll?

#1712363 - 01/08/21 04:00 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
870Jedi Offline
Rack grade

Loc: RVA to W-Burg
City or County: King William
Apparently we can speak to our Reps via appointment at the science museum

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...ocus_composer=0

#1712395 - 01/08/21 05:14 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
All,

Remember that no guns are permitted in much of city of richmond, specifically taxpayers’ properties and anywhere, and adjacent streets, that have permitted events. There are several permitted events in the area so the only safe way is to remain the car the whole time. There will be plenty of booby traps to get you to leave your car such as being pulled over for anything and nothing.

And there will be plenty of antifa and foreign agitators dressed in their fresh trump merchandises to cause a scene to get the firework started.

BE VIGILANT (NOT THE SAME AS VIGILANTE — AGENT 666) AND BE SAFE

Read the new gun laws. We don’t need to look like fools.

#1712528 - 01/09/21 01:11 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: ]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: Shooter1968
Guys...now we are promoting no trust in our law enforcement (“pulled over for anything and nothing”)....

No, we are not promoting anything like that. We are advising others to be cautious and understand as well as following the laws.

Full video is available out there but here is a short summary video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qoiuWK8zxHE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7hSizJTixE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=81d5VM8xfpM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IPubUIKLzsM

Nobody is perfect.

#1712625 - 01/09/21 10:29 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: ]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: Shooter1968
Guys...now we are promoting no trust in our law enforcement (“pulled over for anything and nothing”)....

Let me know if you still need to speak to the supervisor.

#1713008 - 01/10/21 12:40 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Snallygaster Offline
Single barrel

I just moved to the area. Is anyone going from the Hampton Roads area that I might link up with? Where exactly is the HR rally point?

#1713509 - 01/11/21 05:36 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: Snallygaster]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: Snallygaster
I just moved to the area. Is anyone going from the Hampton Roads area that I might link up with? Where exactly is the HR rally point?

Couple of folks are getting together at Bob’s to head up. I do not recommend parking at Bob’s unless you know you can get back before 1600 to give you 60 minutes buffer to pickup your vehicle before dawn.

I heard some of the COs in Norfolk are vaguely telling folks to stay clear. I am not in that world anymore so I can NOT confirm it. But that tells me that they either care for the junior guys and gals beyond their required duty or they are illegally discouraging participations. I am leaning toward the former because I would do the same things for those under my charge.

#1714981 - 01/15/21 05:50 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: Jimmm]
Snallygaster Offline
Single barrel

Thanks. Looks like I'm going to miss this one anyway.

#1715004 - 01/15/21 07:11 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: Snallygaster]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: Snallygaster
Thanks. Looks like I'm going to miss this one anyway.

Probably the best decision you made this year. FBI just caught an antifa operative, who is known for calling for assassinations of white people and well-to-do minorities, on charges of trespassing and inciting a riot after the FBI received footages of this person egging gullible folks from peaceful protest to attacking the Capitol.

STAY HOME.

#1715146 - 01/16/21 07:11 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: Jimmm]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

Loc: Smithfield
City or County: Smithfield
Originally Posted By: Jimmm
All,

Remember that no guns are permitted in much of city of richmond, specifically taxpayers’ properties and anywhere, and adjacent streets, that have permitted events. There are several permitted events in the area so the only safe way is to remain the car the whole time. There will be plenty of booby traps to get you to leave your car such as being pulled over for anything and nothing.

And there will be plenty of antifa and foreign agitators dressed in their fresh trump merchandises to cause a scene to get the firework started.

BE VIGILANT (NOT THE SAME AS VIGILANTE — AGENT 666) AND BE SAFE

Read the new gun laws. We don’t need to look like fools.

VCDL sent out an email stating the permit for the 'counter protest', or whatever you want to call the commie's 'permit pulled to deny lobby day permit', has been canceled. So in other words, there is NO permitted event of any kind, anywhere, in richmond on monday. Thereby negating the 'no guns allowed at permitted events' un-law. So....GUNS ARE NOW OK ANYWHERE DURING LOBBY DAY.

The unconstitutional law is now void, because there is no official permitted event on monday.

If your signature is filled with unneeded, unnecessary, self imposed requirements or restrictions with LOTS of CAPS for EMPHASIS, you are not helping the community and I will pass on you.

#1715878 - 01/17/21 10:26 PM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: Swinger]
MacDad77 Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Caroline
Originally Posted By: Swinger
[quote=Jimmm]All,

VCDL sent out an email stating the permit for the 'counter protest', or whatever you want to call the commie's 'permit pulled to deny lobby day permit', has been canceled. So in other words, there is NO permitted event of any kind, anywhere, in richmond on monday. Thereby negating the 'no guns allowed at permitted events' un-law. So....GUNS ARE NOW OK ANYWHERE DURING LOBBY DAY.

The unconstitutional law is now void, because there is no official permitted event on monday.

Can anyone verify the legality of this? With a permit to be null and void and therefore by the regulation of the weapons in null and void?

#1715910 - 01/18/21 03:57 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: MacDad77]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Originally Posted By: MacDad77
[quote=Jimmm]All,

Can anyone verify the legality of this? With a permit to be null and void and therefore by the regulation of the weapons in null and void?

Trust no one and verify everything.

CLEAR AS MUD

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MAJyJ_ROG-w

#1715914 - 01/18/21 05:02 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Bump for those on the fences about going.

BE SAFE AND BE CAREFUL

#1715921 - 01/18/21 06:21 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: MacDad77]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

Loc: Smithfield
City or County: Smithfield
Originally Posted By: MacDad77
[quote=Jimmm]All,

Virginia Citizens Defense League <noreply@policyengage.com>

Thu, Jan 14, 12:15 AM (4 days ago)

to me

EmailVCDLlogo.jpg
CBS 6 news said, "Permits for the annual 'Lobby Day' on the Capitol grounds, set for Monday, have been canceled because of the potential for civil unrest."

That is totally misleading.

VCDL's Lobby Day IS happening on Monday. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

What CBS was referring to was that the gun-control groups who were going to hold a rally at the Bell Tower have had their permits canceled. As you know, VCDL did not get a permit for the Bell Tower this year and we are having a rolling caravan instead.

And because those rallies are canceled, any of the "no guns" signs on the streets around the Capitol are now not applicable!

Here's the story: https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/cap...-to-be-prepared

NOTE: We are still having technical difficulties with the alert on Lobby Day that was supposed to go our yesterday. We will try to get it out on Thursday. But. everything for Lobby Day is on track!

plenty clear to me

If your signature is filled with unneeded, unnecessary, self imposed requirements or restrictions with LOTS of CAPS for EMPHASIS, you are not helping the community and I will pass on you.

#1715924 - 01/18/21 07:20 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
rebeljake Offline
Addicted

City or County: King George
Update Per: https://vcdl.org/VA-ALERT-01/17/2021

4. Important notes for those who might decide to be on foot on Lobby Day

As you probably are aware, there are "No guns" signs on certain parts of Richmond streets with tiny print indicating that the signs don't apply unless there is a permitted event happening nearby or there is an event that should have been permitted happening nearby.

We don't know of any events that will be happening in Richmond on Monday, but if enough people accumulate in an area with such signs, it could be construed as an "event" and then the signs will be applicable.

THAT SAID, if there is an "event" going on near a posted area, the Richmond police will advise you to leave that area and to move to another location. Don't argue, simply comply and move. That should be the end of it. Most of Richmond is sign-free.

So if you walk into an area with signs and are visibly armed, you may or may not be asked to leave. [sigh] If "unconstitutional laws" was in the dictionary, Richmond's gun-ban at events would be the perfect example.

#1715925 - 01/18/21 07:22 AM Re: Lobby Day 2021 [Re: VaGunTrader]
rebeljake Offline
Addicted

City or County: King George
Update Per: https://vcdl.org/VA-ALERT-01/17/2021

7. Lawyer talks about Richmond "event" gun ban [video]

Firearm attorney Gilbert Ambler talks about driving armed in a vehicle or walking around on Monday. There is way less than a snowball's chance in hell of anyone in a vehicle being bothered by Richmond Police when just driving in a caravan and obeying traffic laws. The Supreme Court has ruled that having signs or stickers about guns on your vehicle does NOT give police probable cause to pull you over to check for guns. In the one in a trillion chance that it does happen to you, Gilbert discusses what to do (and VCDL would likely file suit):

https://youtu.be/MAJyJ_ROG-w

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >