Who's Online
1 registered (roxie), 6 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1711931 - 01/07/21 01:57 PM Re: Ridiculous Background Check Fees [Re: Boneyard1977]
Abeygunz Offline
Have gun will travel

Loc: Hampton roads
City or County: Newport News
Lol

#1711965 - 01/07/21 04:20 PM Re: Ridiculous Background Check Fees [Re: Boneyard1977]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Staunton
I had a really excellent transaction at Riverside Pawn & Jewelry of Madison Heights. The place is near route 29 near Lynchburg. The shop is spacious and clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. I was the seller, but the buyer only paid $15 for a shotgun and a handgun transfer. I do not know if they can hold that line forever, but check them out of you need an FFL in that area.

#1711980 - 01/07/21 05:02 PM Re: Ridiculous Background Check Fees [Re: Boneyard1977]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Gander Outdoors did a fine job with mine. If your a good Sam's member, it free.

#1714064 - 01/13/21 08:52 AM Re: Ridiculous Background Check Fees [Re: jr45]
DRDinthe703 Offline
9mm Junkie

City or County: Ashland
I agree. Gander is the best. Pay the $15 one time member fee (I think if you're a Vet) and you get transfers for free. They did tell me yesterday they were going to be changing their days where you can only do transfers on certain days but not having to pay if you're in that area makes a great difference.

#1715085 - 01/15/21 09:26 PM Re: Ridiculous Background Check Fees [Re: Boneyard1977]
Oakers3 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: VA
City or County: Falls Church
If I had the money I would fight that. How in the hell can you tax a constitutional right! It's time to end this and have it come out of the general budget. This tax or any tax on ammo and guns is IMHO illegal.
Who the hell ever let this go through?
The Pittman–Robertson Act took over a prëxisting 11% excise tax on firearms and ammunition. Instead of going into the U.S. Treasury as it had done in the past, the money generated by the tax is instead given to the Secretary of the Interior to distribute to the states.] The Secretary determines how much to give to each state based on a formula that takes into account both the area of the state and its number of licensed hunters.
States must fulfill certain requirements to use the money apportioned to them. None of the money from their hunting license sales may be used by anyone other than the states' own fish and game departments. Plans for what to do with the money must be submitted to and approved by the Secretary of the Interior. Acceptable options include research, surveys, management of wildlife and/or habitat, and acquisition or lease of land. Once a plan has been approved, the state must pay the full cost and is later reimbursed for up to 75% of that cost through the funds generated by the Pittman–Robertson Act. The 25% of the cost that the state must pay generally comes from its hunting license sales. If, for whatever reason, any of the federal money does not get spent, after two years that money is then reallocated to the Migratory Bird Conservation Act.

In the 1970s, amendments to the act created a 10% tax on handguns and their ammunition and accessories as well as an 11% tax on archery equipment. It was also mandated that half of the money from each of the new taxes be used to educate and train hunters by the creation and maintenance of hunter safety classes and shooting/target ranges

Edited by Oakers3 (01/15/21 09:30 PM)

#1716200 - 01/18/21 04:43 PM Re: Ridiculous Background Check Fees [Re: Boneyard1977]
Noonanda Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fredericksburg
First Strike munitions off of Route 17 only charges $15 for any person to person, did a transfer yesterday and it went off with no problem

#1716747 - 01/20/21 12:57 AM Re: Ridiculous Background Check Fees [Re: Boneyard1977]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
gander outhouse is now selectively ripping off people and charge good sam members $17 for transfer. They try to say that all $17 goes tonthr state and they are doing it for free for members. They’ll burn in hell this time around too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2