Who's Online
15 registered (KAHR, 5shotMagnum, wdc757, Com 45acp, jr45, PMOORE, Mkweaver, seven hills, perk456, 6 invisible), 17 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1780294 - 07/02/21 12:02 PM Please bring back the Shoutbox
quietman Offline
Addicted

Loc: Springfield VA
City or County: Fairfax county

Hello all,

I am not sure what caused the shoutbox to go on vacation.
It would be great to get it back. As it is one of the central features of
VGT ( at least I feel this way ).

Thanks for hearing me out.

Sincerely, Quiet.

#1780314 - 07/02/21 01:20 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
P3Bill Offline
VETERAN PEASHOOTER

Loc: Wilderness
City or County: Orange County
Another sad tale of a few miscreants ruining a good thing. Perhaps a little public pillorying of the offenders would be in order so we can put them on our "Ignore this user" list.

Bring on the BAN HAMMER!!!

#1780316 - 07/02/21 01:26 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Loc: Hampton Roads
City or County: Hampton
The mod in question could have also, I dunno, apologized and this whole thing could have been avoided?

No?

Under no circumstances will I do a deal with Paul Gagni, from Virginia Beach. Buyers and sellers beware of this guy.

#1780319 - 07/02/21 01:31 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
smilewhenIshoot Offline
All Grain Sapper

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
City or County: Chesapeake
yep, ban the mods

#1780326 - 07/02/21 01:49 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
smilewhenIshoot Offline
All Grain Sapper

They will probably ban me now, after they deleted my signature block once already. But not before godaddy gave me access to their super secret moderator only threads.

#1780330 - 07/02/21 01:58 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: Koenreich]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
Originally Posted By: Koenreich
The mod in question could have also, I dunno, apologized and this whole thing could have been avoided?

No?

Kyle,

The Mod in question (Me) DID apologize shortly thereafter and it didn't quell anything. All you have to do is ask Agent19 as he was there and paid attention. Someone posted this on Reddit as a vendetta against Bob and I with our home addresses and the Mods there deleted soon after. The comments were Bob and I have a history of racism which are lies. Not only did they start a crap storm here but put our families at risk by anyone who would actually believe it. This IMO and many others is a bridge too far. You get banned for not being able to follow rules is one thing, you throwing lies out to the universe that could get my family members hurt is another!

#1780334 - 07/02/21 02:01 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: smilewhenIshoot]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Originally Posted By: smilewhenIshoot
They will probably ban me now, after they deleted my signature block once already. But not before godaddy gave me access to their super secret moderator only threads.

I think if you get banned it is because of your actions alone!

#1780337 - 07/02/21 02:06 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
smilewhenIshoot Offline
All Grain Sapper

agreed, however I have yet to break any rules. What gives them the right to modify my profile? When it also has not violated any rules?

#1780343 - 07/02/21 02:14 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

And the MODERATORS are fascists. This is why!
You need to read the rules! These two are a good start:

5. Moderators

Moderators are responsible for maintaining this site and have the authority to enforce these rules and/or make judgement calls when there is a problem. Their decisions are final and must be followed.

6. Behavior
THIS IS A PRIVATE WEBSITE. YOU CAN BE BANNED FOR ANY NUMBER OF REASONS WITH OUT EXPLANATION. THIS PRIVATE WEBSITE IS JUST LIKE ANY ESTABLISHMENT - IF YOU GET OUT OF HAND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE RESCINDED.

#1780347 - 07/02/21 02:21 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
smilewhenIshoot Offline
All Grain Sapper

no, that does not explain how mods can change my profile when my profile has not violated any of those rules. Try again.

#1780351 - 07/02/21 02:24 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
smilewhenIshoot Offline
All Grain Sapper

I get that you are all powerful and all knowing, that does not give you the right to pick and choose who you want to persecute. You have been caught picking favorites.

#1780353 - 07/02/21 02:31 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

I'm not going to try again, I'm not going to spend anymore time on this. When your profile states Mods are racists or facists that crosses the line. You obviously don't want to be here except for the shout box or to bash the Mods.

#1780355 - 07/02/21 02:36 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: Dadcpu]
lue-jones Offline
Demigod

Loc: Virginia, USA.
City or County: Vinton
Originally Posted By: Dadcpu
Someone posted this on Reddit as a vendetta against Bob and I with our home addresses and the Mods there deleted soon after.

This is not okay and it is not cool. Anyone aligning with the pieces of trash who posted their personal information up should be shown the door imo.

The foundational building blocks of Marxism revolves around the idea of class struggle. Division. The Bourgeoisie and the proletariat. These two terms translate loosely into the "haves" and the "have nots." It's a cultural and social template on how to control the population and it's accomplished through division.

The haves = Rich (Bourgeoise)

The have nots = Poor (Proletariat)

Rich vs. Poor, Black vs. White, Right vs. Wrong, Good vs. Evil. Oppressed vs. Oppressor.

Notice how the idea of racism dominates our culture these days? It's Marxism. Pure Marxism. Anytime you see an agitator propagandist protesting some kind of persecution and racial injustice, what they are in fact doing is preaching the Marxist gospel. And that is exactly what is going on in our society today, where allegations of racism from the bourgeoisie against the proletariat are highlighting the modern day class struggle.

These Black Lives Matter and antifa riots you see in the streets of America are being led by Marxist agitator propagandists, useful idiots leading the communist Chinese proxy army against their country and fellow Americans.

What we are witnessing at this website lately is the online equivalent to these Black Lives Matter and antifa "protests." Allegations of persecution being made with the desire to change leadership. The longer this website continues to cater to the left, the longer it is essentially shooting itself in the foot.

#1780363 - 07/02/21 02:47 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
Interesting.
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#1780376 - 07/02/21 02:54 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

City or County: Goochland
Hahahahaha, darn the chat was taken away and now I can't peddle my TiVo!!

Charles.

#1780380 - 07/02/21 03:12 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

No ToVo for YOU!

#1780382 - 07/02/21 03:17 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: Dadcpu]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Loc: Hampton Roads
City or County: Hampton
Originally Posted By: Dadcpu
Originally Posted By: Koenreich

No?

Kyle,

The Mod in question (Me) DID apologize shortly thereafter and it didn't quell anything. All you have to do is ask Agent19 as he was there and paid attention. Someone posted this on Reddit as a vendetta against Bob and I with our home addresses and the Mods there deleted soon after. The comments were Bob and I have a history of racism which are lies. Not only did they start a crap storm here but put our families at risk by anyone who would actually believe it. This IMO and many others is a bridge too far. You get banned for not being able to follow rules is one thing, you throwing lies out to the universe that could get my family members hurt is another!

I was in the shout box as all of this was going down. True enough that I was in and out, but I absolutely do not recall an apology. What I do remember is you brushing off those who felt insulted.

Honestly, I don’t think what you said was the worst thing ever to be said in the SB, even by a mod. Not even close. But people were offended and the impression that I left with was that you weren’t particularly worried about their feelings. Which is fine, but I’ve seen plenty of warnings and what not handed out because this is “a family atmosphere”.

We understand you’re in charge. A little consistency would be great, though.

I don’t know anything about Reddit, so I can’t comment on that.

Under no circumstances will I do a deal with Paul Gagni, from Virginia Beach. Buyers and sellers beware of this guy.

#1780384 - 07/02/21 03:19 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
P3Bill Offline
VETERAN PEASHOOTER

Loc: Wilderness
City or County: Orange County
1cold is going to be sitting on those SHAM WOWs for a while.

#1780386 - 07/02/21 03:24 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Luke9675 Offline
Bolt action

City or County: Chesterfield
These types of discussions groups always degrade to people showing their back sides in some form or another. Unless you are making serious money on this site it is not worth your headache as an owner or moderator.

I would close down the forums where people talk about anything except buying and selling firearms and related products. There is a ton of other media out there where people can chat it up with like-minded persons.

#1780405 - 07/02/21 04:13 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
what i miss, dang

#1780408 - 07/02/21 04:22 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Yep, Dadcpu did apologize!
If what he allegedly said was accurately quoted I personally didn’t find it offensive. It was something probably better off not said.
However, I’m just one man.

And Konerich is right Dadcpu’s comments are far from the worst things ever said in the SB.

I agree with El Heffe’s decision to turnoff the shout box.
Give folks a chance to cool down and think better when posting publicly.

I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1780440 - 07/02/21 05:02 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Chingon Offline
I know my first name is Bert.

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Prince William

#1780448 - 07/02/21 05:12 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
HahHA. Damn. Dadcpu and Bob have a history of being outstanding American Patriots and Champions of this site and supporters of all reasonable rule following members. Can they be A/holes. Of course and world class but never unprovoked and alwats fair. Never racist in any manner that Ive witnessed. Pretty low for some marxist pos to dox anyone. Damn.
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#1780449 - 07/02/21 05:16 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
CB95 Offline
Spontaneously Combustible

City or County: Prince George
newpm

Sorry, its habit, couldn't resist….

Edited by CB95 (07/02/21 05:17 PM)

#1780463 - 07/02/21 05:52 PM Re: Please bring back the Shoutbox [Re: quietman]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool