Who's Online
4 registered (1DEUCE, et63, RSF45, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2042213 - 08/28/23 02:01 PM User big_lu_lu
AyeCeeTwo Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Sent me a PM in response to my WTB ad for a beretta 1301 last week. Agreed on price, sent money, seller said he would ship shotgun out on Monday. Get a message a little bit after 12 today from user big_lu_lu saying he was hacked and to no longer deal with the account. Convenient timing. There were warning signs I should’ve picked up such as the account name that I sent money to being different from the name that was in his feedback. If anyone deals with a Jay Dean, buyer beware.

#2043364 - 08/31/23 09:34 PM Re: User big_lu_lu [Re: AyeCeeTwo]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: AyeCeeTwo
Sent me a PM in response to my WTB ad for a beretta 1301 last week. Agreed on price, sent money, seller said he would ship shotgun out on Monday. Get a message a little bit after 12 today from user big_lu_lu saying he was hacked and to no longer deal with the account. Convenient timing. There were warning signs I should’ve picked up such as the account name that I sent money to being different from the name that was in his feedback. If anyone deals with a Jay Dean, buyer beware.

MESSAGE SENT TO big_lu_lu FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#2043409 - 09/01/23 06:19 AM Re: User big_lu_lu [Re: AyeCeeTwo]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
He emailed me earlier about being hacked and messages being sent from his account.

#2043498 - 09/01/23 11:42 AM Re: User big_lu_lu [Re: AyeCeeTwo]
AyeCeeTwo Offline
Marksman

City or County: Fredericksburg
Right I get that. Am I just SOL? I understand he was hacked but I trusted the profile due to his good feedback and against my better judgement decided to let a red flag or two slip by. At a bare minimum just don’t want this interaction to go unknown by other members in case it happens again.

Edited for following question: what email did he message you from? The actual owner of the account or the person who hacked it?

Edited by AyeCeeTwo (09/01/23 11:48 AM)

#2045636 - 09/07/23 12:46 PM Re: User big_lu_lu [Re: AyeCeeTwo]
big_lu_lu Offline
Addicted

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
Appreciate the fact that you mentioned my account was hacked and that the person you dealt with was not me. I have had nothing but positive reviews. All measures on my end to ensure this doesnt happen again have been carried out.