Who's Online
11 registered (mshelton89, much ado, MrPepper, campbellguard, boosno1, XX44075, dumbjarhead, spaatz11, 3 invisible), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2052476 - 09/29/23 04:11 PM ShottyBody
Kevin_C Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
ShottyBody had poor communication and there were red flags everywhere from the start. Had to follow up multiple times to get questions answered. We finally came to an agreement on his item and he said "...it's yours". I followed up with the day and time I could meet at his chosen FFL and also with my phone number so he could reach out to me for faster communication, which he never did. He read my message about the date and time but didn't respond with a "that won't work for me" but in all fairness he also didn't confirm. However, with him saying that the item was mine and not responding that the time wouldn't work, I decided to drive an hour and a half to the location because I did not want to risk getting negative feedback for being a no show. I messaged him the night before and the morning of to see if I could get a response from him but received nothing.

When I arrived at the FFL, I showed the workers there what I was coming to purchase from the pictures on ShottyBody's post. They informed me that he had came by the day before and sold the gun to his friend (highly doubtful it was someone else because it's a pretty rare gun to get right now).

It's one thing to go back on a made deal, but to not communicate that he had sold the gun a whole day prior and wasting a 3 hour round trip is shady. He eventually responded 2 hours after the meet that the gun was sold. Great... appreciate it.

He's a brand new member and is not off to a good start. Be weary when dealing with him, especially if you live far.

Attachments
Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture1.png

#2053132 - 10/01/23 08:11 PM Re: ShottyBody [Re: Kevin_C]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: Kevin_C
ShottyBody had poor communication and there were red flags everywhere from the start. Had to follow up multiple times to get questions answered. We finally came to an agreement on his item and he said "...it's yours". I followed up with the day and time I could meet at his chosen FFL and also with my phone number so he could reach out to me for faster communication, which he never did. He read my message about the date and time but didn't respond with a "that won't work for me" but in all fairness he also didn't confirm. However, with him saying that the item was mine and not responding that the time wouldn't work, I decided to drive an hour and a half to the location because I did not want to risk getting negative feedback for being a no show. I messaged him the night before and the morning of to see if I could get a response from him but received nothing.

When I arrived at the FFL, I showed the workers there what I was coming to purchase from the pictures on ShottyBody's post. They informed me that he had came by the day before and sold the gun to his friend (highly doubtful it was someone else because it's a pretty rare gun to get right now).

It's one thing to go back on a made deal, but to not communicate that he had sold the gun a whole day prior and wasting a 3 hour round trip is shady. He eventually responded 2 hours after the meet that the gun was sold. Great... appreciate it.

He's a brand new member and is not off to a good start. Be weary when dealing with him, especially if you live far.

MESSAGE SENT TO ShottyBody FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#2053860 - 10/04/23 01:21 PM Re: ShottyBody [Re: Kevin_C]
ShottyBody Offline
Double barrel

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Arlington
I honestly feel bad for him driving up there due to my lack of response. I honestly got his messages mixed up with the many other ones. I thought I had already told him I ended up deciding to sell it to a close friend, that way I could still shoot it.

The majority of this is definitely my fault and I take responsibility.

However, I never gave him confirmation for the sale, and never agreed on a time and date. I personally would never drive that far without confirmation.

#2053898 - 10/04/23 03:43 PM Re: ShottyBody [Re: Kevin_C]
Kevin_C Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
I agree you never actually hard confirmed but you did say it was mine. This may show a gap in our feedback system because if it was the other way around and I didn't show up, you could easily write negative feedback to me even though there was no hard confirmation.

I at least hope this shows others on this forum the lengths I will go to make sure I do good business and not receive any negative feedback on my profile.