Who's Online
13 registered (kjack, akphule, Matt0898, SteveC240, guns85, Auston, ferdFteenthousand, Spare, Multipurpose1, XX44075, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2143993 - 07/22/24 09:14 PM Savage Fox Model B Double Barrel
Circusnuts Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Williamsburg
Any model B owners/shooter out there?

While intending to thin the herd... I bought a '50s model B in excellent condition.

Was planning to take it to the range this week... & wondered if any gotchas, ideas of where to find manual (I'll need to clean it sooner or later) & any other kinds of general advice for this type of rifle?

Thanks
Phil

#2154670 - 08/29/24 02:31 PM Re: Savage Fox Model B Double Barrel [Re: Circusnuts]
flightmedic91 Offline
The Shootist

City or County: Isle of Wight
Hello there. Just saw your post. The Savage Fox Model B is a shotgun not a rifle. On the barrels it should say the gauge - likely it is either a 12 or 20 gauge. Also, the right barrel is typically full choke while the left barrel is likely a modified choke. I would do a web search for finding whatever type of information would be listed in the original manual. If you’re new to shotguns, there are lots of resources out there to help you understand shotgun gauges, shell lengths, shot types, chokes, etc. not trying to be a safety sally, but please don’t shoot your shotgun until you are sure you have the proper shotgun loads for it and understand how to open/close the action as well as safely loading/unloading. The Fox Model B’s are quality pieces, and yours likely had a case-hardened action. They are not produced anymore, so hopefully you have yourself a nice shotgun.

#2155830 - 09/02/24 01:47 PM Re: Savage Fox Model B Double Barrel [Re: flightmedic91]
Circusnuts Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Williamsburg
Very cool thank you - I'll look over barrel ends for choke. My only other shotgun experience is light skeet shooting & hatton round stuff in the Army. For sure they're a bit more pipe than rifle hehe

Edited by Circusnuts (09/02/24 01:48 PM)