Who's Online
1 registered (Hazey), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2157714 - 09/09/24 07:26 AM change the laws
kai5er Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Chester
Very disappointing to find out just yesterday youngkin signed HB 22 & SB 210 a while back which prohibits the manufacture, transfer, or possession of an auto sear. Also found out binary triggers were outlawed in VA in 2020 after the Las Vegas shootings and nothing has been done to reverse it despite being legal federally. The binary trigger thing is even more ridiculous considering it is less functional than a full auto which is still legal with the correct paperwork and lots of money. How is it that the rich should be allowed the privlidge of owning these guns but not everyone else? How is that not an infringement on our rights?

Obviously it is and I would like to do what I can to see this changed however I'm not entirely familiar with the process or where to start. Do I just write letters to youngkin? Do I write to my representative? Is there a resource through VA citizens defense league I can become involved with? We have an election coming up in November here in VAs 4th district where Bill Moher will be on the ballot running against that psychopath tyrant mcclellan. Im not sure how pro gun Bill Moher actually is but perhaps this is a good time to open that conversation.

#2157943 - 09/09/24 08:27 PM Re: change the laws [Re: kai5er]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange

As I read the code this would not apply to Binary triggers. A anti-gun CA could try to use it to say bump stocks are illegal but a bump stock only fires one shot per pull of trigger.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter7/section18.2-308.5:1/

#2159877 - 09/16/24 09:29 PM Re: change the laws [Re: kai5er]
kai5er Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Chester
i'm honestly not sure how to interpret that, imo letting go of the trigger to fire off that 2nd shot is an "additional physical manipulation of the trigger" but to the judge 1 pull could qualify as a pull and release, another intentionally difficult to interpret law. I asked my friend who is an attorney in Maine and he couldn't tell me. I've had gun stores tell me binary is technically legal in VA, and Franklin Armory told me all they are advised to say via their legal team is that they are allowed to ship to VA. My buddy said PSA would not ship him a binary trigger and some google searches show binary illegal in VA depending on the source. My plan was to binary my MP5 but after reading forums it seems like the trigger is garbage anyway, that along with the price might just not worry about it after all but still would like clarification for future reference.