Who's Online
10 registered (centermass, csgates, hds, Bullet41, raydog, TheStig, bones, Trekker60, 2 invisible), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#447221 - 01/01/13 06:49 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
OODA_Loop Offline
Single barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Williamsburg
I wouldn't mind seeing the reply button return; it is a second layer of communications beyond the PM. I'm awaiting a return of commo from someone whose item I am interested in.

#447246 - 01/01/13 07:59 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: OODA_Loop]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

Loc: just south of Richmond,VA
City or County: tri cities
Taint gonna happen man ... we're too far along. At one time this feature worked. Back when the site was smaller and folks actually read 'n heeded the rules. The benefits of it no longer weigh up to the aggravation it causes though.

Many of us wait on PM's not returned (often in vain) so at least you wont be lonely in that respect ! People have lives outside this site / 7 hours is NOT a life time to wait (!) / etc. But some people ... (but that's another thread)
Prepping is good, but prepping without Jesus is like drilling holes in the boat. Acts 2:37-38/Proverbs 1:24-33
-----------

#447428 - 01/02/13 09:51 AM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: Ledchunkr]
optiksguy Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Herndon
I'd like to request that the "Add Topic to your Watched Topics" option come back. It disappered when you turned off the reply button. Thanks.

^
^
^
This is in the works also.

Edited by Ledchunkr (01/02/13 12:29 PM)

#447579 - 01/02/13 05:33 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
KismetLRC Offline
Marksman

Loc: Richmond/Short Pump
City or County: Henrico
Is there a way to have the "automatically email me PM's" to default to YES instead of NO in user profiles? I think a lot of newer users (yeah I'm new to this forum, but an old dawg when it comes to forums and BBS's) don't understand this function - or don't take the time to go thru their profile options.

What this means is that these people have to log in to see if they have PM's and since there's no "reply" function at the moment, buyers and sellers are waiting unnecessarily for these newbies. Thoughts?

Oh....and to the owners and Mods here. Nicely managed in a crazy world!

#447609 - 01/02/13 06:39 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

"crazy world" - those are the key words at the moment man !

Let's let the site tech iron out the main concerns he's presently working on and then we'll come back and address the smaller ones. Thanks for your input and kind words though !
Prepping is good, but prepping without Jesus is like drilling holes in the boat. Acts 2:37-38/Proverbs 1:24-33
-----------

#447623 - 01/02/13 07:11 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
Hooch302 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: NoVa
City or County: Fairfax
I understand that you are making adjustments, but I'd like to make a suggestion. I have a posted an ad for a gun. You have now taken the ability for me to edit my post. I hope that you return the edit feature for the topic starter so they can edit post at any time. As it stands now, I can only reply after a 24 hour period.

The thread start should be able to edit post at anytime. Don't punish all for the abuse of a few, if this is the case. I have made a mistake in my original post, now I have to wait to edit until 24 hours has passed.

Thank you.

#447626 - 01/02/13 07:14 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: OODA_Loop]
Hooch302 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: NoVa
City or County: Fairfax
I agree, if you have repeat offender then block them from your site. Don't punish the members that follow directions.

#447633 - 01/02/13 07:33 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: Hooch302]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

Well, for now the fix for that is simple enuff - PM me (or any mod) for any legitimate edit and we'll get it done.

In a perfect world we can trust everyone to do the right thing and there are no limitations as such put on others. But since we don't, we have to come to a consensus of what works best for this site and its members as a whole. This comes from much member input and experience as this site evolves into something that works best for all.

Yeah, it is a shame that restrictions have to be put into place that affects everyone, but we have seen what happens if we don't. Prices or descriptions get changed on posts ... things added or deleted (for nefarious reasons). The bigger the site gets, the harder it was to maintain integrity. And the troubles have a tendency to snowball if not effectually addressed ...

We've gone thru quite alot of changes since this sites inception but understand not everyone will always agree 100 % on each 'n every issue - each and every time. I was one of the gripers myself way back when - one gets used to things being as they are. But change is not always bad (political scene not with standing !).

Hang in there and we'll get 'er streamlined and the kinks worked out soon. Thanks for yalls understanding and patience.
-----------

#447906 - 01/03/13 04:14 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: Ledchunkr]
Wojownik Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Fairfax / Loudoun
I appreciate what the mods are trying to do, but IMHO I think that removing both the bump and reply functions may make VAGT a bit too static/inflexible for sellers (i.e., for fixing minor edits with listings, dropping prices, etc).

Also, creating a separate "AR-15, AK-47, SKS, and related rifles" was a good idea. However, there is so much "stuff" being listed under this new category (lowers, uppers, mags, etc...) that it's becoming a catch-all. A rifle listed a few days ago gets completely buried by "stuff".

Just a few thoughts, YMMV.. smile

#448000 - 01/03/13 08:15 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
travis Offline
"Come and Take Them"

Loc: NEW KENT,CO. VA.
City or County: new kent
Where is the edit function?
How do we delete or mark our item sold or update the post?

#448039 - 01/03/13 09:08 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

If the big lettered update on the front page aint enuff ...

or the many responses we mods have posted all across this site and thru countless PM's to these same questions ...

then PM the site admin - that would be Vaguntrader or SD. They are the final word and the ones who pull the right levers.

Us lowly mods just ride fence. That is ... the ones who saddle up.
-----------

#448082 - 01/03/13 10:47 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
KismetLRC Offline
Marksman

How do we mark an item as sold or delete/close the thread? It's a waste of time for people to ask about a weapon/ammo that's long since gone. Also a waste of my time responding to each one (which I'm morally obligated to do).
I kind of feel like a Mod by having to repeat my answers dozens of times....

#448086 - 01/03/13 10:51 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: KismetLRC]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

You PM a genuine, highly paid mod and get 'er taken care of proper.

And that's the true blue - from one Jeff to a nuther !
-----------

#448119 - 01/04/13 12:56 AM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: Ledchunkr]
KismetLRC Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: Ledchunkr
You PM a genuine, highly paid mod and get 'er taken care of proper.

And that's the true blue - from one Jeff to a nuther !

You ARE Da Man....I don't care what everybody else says!
Thanks!

#448432 - 01/04/13 06:29 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
GunMan9 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Yorktown
City or County: York County
I have a problem myself. My post has been posted since Dec. 30th and I have not been able to reply to the post at all to put to the top of the for sale thread. What are my options here? Start a new post for the same firearm? That is the only thing I have the ability to do.

#448444 - 01/04/13 06:39 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
no do not start a new post, it will get you banned.

You will notice right now you can edit the post today. After 24 hours from now, your edit button will disappear and be replaced by a REPLY button.... then you can reply to bump it every 24 hours from then on.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#448448 - 01/04/13 06:47 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: GunMan9]
SD Offline
VaGT programmer

Loc: SoCal
City or County: Valencia
Originally Posted By: GunMan9
I have a problem myself. My post has been posted since Dec. 30th and I have not been able to reply to the post at all to put to the top of the for sale thread. What are my options here? Start a new post for the same firearm? That is the only thing I have the ability to do.

i have reproduced your problem and am working on it..

give me a bit... 2c

#448493 - 01/04/13 07:48 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
GunMan9 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Yorktown
City or County: York County
Thanks sounds good.

#448853 - 01/05/13 09:02 AM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
cvo springer Offline
Live free, Enjoy the Ride

City or County: Glen Allen
I guess i,m an idiot but here i go. Please tell me where my edit, notify and updated buttons are.

Thanks for explaining this for the 10,000 time
By the way, love this site, best one out there, thanks again

#448887 - 01/05/13 09:44 AM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
jeffjeeptj Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Virginia Beach
I want to lower my price for some of my items (topics). It appears the only way is to add a reply with a price change in that post body. How do I change the price in the Subject line of the first post in the thread?
Thanks in advance.

#448966 - 01/05/13 12:25 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: jeffjeeptj]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

Originally Posted By: cvo springer
I guess i,m an idiot but here i go. Please tell me where my edit, notify and updated buttons are.

Thanks for explaining this for the 10,000 time
By the way, love this site, best one out there, thanks again

The site tech is tweaking bugs but yall keep trying to see if it's enabled yet. After the 24 hour period, the OP's post should be able to be replied to (by them). All updates to be done in the reply. Edits should be able to be done to the last post listed.

Originally Posted By: jeffjeeptj
I want to lower my price for some of my items (topics). It appears the only way is to add a reply with a price change in that post body. How do I change the price in the Subject line of the first post in the thread?
Thanks in advance.

I do not believe the 1st post can be edited. Edits to be done in the last response posted.

(thanks SD.)

Edited by Ledchunkr (01/05/13 12:29 PM)
-----------

#448967 - 01/05/13 12:28 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
SD Offline
VaGT programmer

1st post can be edited for up to 24hrs, then when you reply, THAT post gets a 24hr edit window.

this applies for each subsequent reply... the edit just applies to the last post, which for the initial TOPIC creation is the 1st post.

you can only reply once every 24hrs.

2c

#450905 - 01/08/13 10:35 AM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
J Maynard Offline
Single barrel

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Manassas
Can we post something that we want? Like: Wanted Glock 35 willing to pay $500

#450966 - 01/08/13 12:38 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: J Maynard]
SD Offline
VaGT programmer

Originally Posted By: J Maynard
Can we post something that we want? Like: Wanted Glock 35 willing to pay $500

yes, that is what the wanted to buy section is for

Click Me

2c

#453109 - 01/11/13 02:39 PM Re: Rules for posting and replying [Re: VaGunTrader]
travis Offline
"Come and Take Them"

Loc: NEW KENT,CO. VA.
City or County: new kent
Is there a way to edit our topic heading. I need to edit the title so people understand my gun is a 1911. My fault for listing it this way. If there is could I be notified by PM, Thanks.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >