Who's Online
9 registered (Matt69, FEgg, Va Hunter, SABU, Walthergobrrr, Avman, 13D_B3S, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#539044 - 05/23/13 01:55 PM Re: Bill of Sale for firearm transactions [Re: TMVA]
mrdcjohn Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
link is dead ? at least I wasn't able to open it on two different pcs

#542688 - 05/30/13 01:15 PM Re: Bill of Sale for firearm transactions [Re: TMVA]
SeaCoaster Offline
seacoaster

Loc: Va.
City or County: Oakton
Bummer

http://www.freedrive.com/file/1595948,bill-of-sale-for-firearm.pdf

An Error was encountered
It was logged and we will fix it as soon as possible.

#833081 - 12/26/14 03:58 AM Re: Bill of Sale for firearm transactions [Re: JG]
Lorelei Offline
I Do Wheelies

Loc: VA
City or County: Central
Originally Posted By: JG
There has been quite a lot of discussion on Bills of Sales lately - just want to clarify for anyone who may be confused:
1. BOS is not required by VA law
2. BOS is not required by this site
3. BOS is soley up to the discretion of the seller
4. Requirement for BOS should be communicated to the buyer prior to the deal.
5. Any buyer who refuses to sign BOS should not and will not be looked upon as if he/she has done anything wrong.
6. It is not recommended to provide anything that could be used by identity thieves - including, but not limited to - Address, DL #, SSN, photos of DL
7. Personally, I provide- name, City, ST, and Signature - nothing more is necessary for seller's records.

JG

This is where I stand on BOS. I'll sign it and give you my name, but you're not getting my address or DL #. And don't even think of taking a picture of my ID. I've seen a couple ads that said that was required, I just closed that page. One was a gun that I'd have bought if not for the seller's requirements.

#942682 - 09/02/15 12:51 PM Re: Bill of Sale for firearm transactions [Re: Lorelei]
user Offline
Constitutionalist

Loc: Broad Run, VA.
City or County: Fauquier
I don't know what copies are floating around, or how they've been modified, so I suggest you download the original. Go to my website: Virginia Legal Defense website and scroll down the page to the second entry under "useful stuff" - right click on the link and do a "save as" to get the pdf form bill of sale. By the way, the second page is just instructions, and there is a discussion explaining why both the buyer and the seller need to have that form executed.

#1364494 - 06/15/18 10:41 AM Re: Bill of Sale for firearm transactions [Re: user]
user Offline
Constitutionalist

Since I posted last on this topic, I have retired from the practice of law, and the Virginia Legal Defense website is no longer active.

I have also revised my standard form (some of which was plagiarized to make that other form posted on this thread) which I will email in PDF format to anyone who wants it - send me an email at vgt@defenserights.org.

#1763111 - 05/11/21 04:22 PM Re: Bill of Sale for firearm transactions [Re: UBETRUN]
user Offline
Constitutionalist

Originally Posted By: UBETRUN
I am curious why participation on this board includes a recommendation for a BoS when the law doesn't require it and nobody has been hassled for not having one? I see the moderator comments in this thread and think they are accurate and logical but when I visited the site today, I had to accept the board rules which included a recommendation to use a BoS. Not trying to cause trouble, trying to understand what why some believe a BoS is a good idea, what exactly will a BoS accomplish for a buyer and/or seller? And please, no irrational fear comments about "getting ATF attention" or being "put on a list", I'm asking a serious question and hoping that someone can explain what I'm obviously not understanding. Thanks!

Please read the second page of my BoS PDF which contains explanations and instructions that I think will answer your questions. Changes in Va. law do not affect any part of the BoS that I drafted, by the way, and I am still happy to send a copy to anyone who emails me with a simple request. I would point out that I do not save such requests, the originating email address. or any part thereof. Being fully and finally retired from the practice of law and having no other commercial interests, I have no use for any data receive, nor do I transfer the data to anyone else.

#1876262 - 04/09/22 07:35 PM Re: Bill of Sale for firearm transactions [Re: TMVA]
Rumor690 BANNED SCAMMER Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: virginia,USA
City or County: Richmond
Thank you for the post.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2