Who's Online
8 registered (2DG, StrokenMerc, 2headwolf, DamonL, FREDC, wrickster, carpetmuncher, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#565478 - 07/13/13 04:55 PM Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg
Wilkisme Offline
Addicted

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA 22407
City or County: Spotsylvania
Here is the first one.

N&S Custom Fence, Inc.
Owner: Mike Shamblin

Today, N&S Custom Fence was next door installing a fence for my neighbor. I walked up the sidewalk and asked one if the workers for a business card and told him I was interested in an estimate. Later, the owner rang my doorbell to speak with me about scheduling an estimate. I had just returned from town and was still OC'ing my 1911. The owner asked me if I was law enforcement to which I answered no. His demeaner instantly changed and he became rather rude. He asked if I had a permit to carry my gun. I informed him a permit is not required for open carry in the state of Virginia. In his ignorance, he told me I was wrong and that I was brandishing my firearm. Then he asked if I could not have my gun on me when his wife came around to give the estimate. I just shook my head, laughed a little and "whatever" as I could tell the conversation was going nowhere. Then, he starts in with "man, I'm not trying to," which is where I cut him off and told him "yes, you are trying to tell someone what the law is when you don't understand it yourself.". I told him he needs to read the laws, understand the laws, and know the laws before he goes around telling people what is legal or not legal. He got angry and told me to forget about the estimate to which I replied that was fine and I no longer wanted one from him. His last words as he walked away were, "this must be one rough neighborhood for someone to need a gun.". That is the logic behind many dead

Attachments
IMG_20130713_155748_248.jpg

#565483 - 07/13/13 05:14 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
Chuy Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia, Henrico
City or County: Henrico
You can't fix stupid. Some folks just don't get it. I have OC'ed a few times, but I have run into so many anti-gunners that are completely ignorant of the law, that I just don't bother with it most of the time. I mainly CC now with a Glock 27 and my Galco Miami 2 rig.

#565596 - 07/13/13 08:49 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
Wilkisme Offline
Addicted

I was wearing a suit this morning, so I OC'd. Since the shirt stays tucked, I OC while wearing a suit in case I need to take my suit coat off. I have ran into anti-gun folks lately though while OC'ing.

#565599 - 07/13/13 08:54 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
Wilkisme Offline
Addicted

Funny thing about personal opinions, political opinions and religious views. One should probably keep them to one's self when dealing with potential customers. That guy needs all the customers he can get to keep his business growing. I have plenty of fencing companies to choose from, and my paychecks will keep coming regardless of who installation my fence.

#566896 - 07/16/13 02:04 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
TheRelicWisper Offline
Bolt action

Loc: va
City or County: Madison
He will be on welfare soon with acting like this to potential coustomers.

#567975 - 07/18/13 03:46 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
BRDGUY Offline
If i'm right, it isn't guessing.

Loc: Virginia
Add 'em to the list.

http://friendorfoe.us/

#576660 - 08/04/13 02:41 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
OIF Marine Offline
Mean Green

Loc: VA
City or County: Fredericksburg
add to the list is Quaker Steak and Lube. they are an anti-carry establishment either OC or CC. I was out riding and I OC when riding and I stopped in there for lunch at the outside bar.
the bartender/waitress kindly informed me of this rule. But she was respectful of it and stated that she did not agree with it and even though I was OC'ing I was still served and I gave her a generous tip.

also one of the main reasons that I believe that this is a anti-weapons of any kind establishment is that there have been numerous motorcycle gangs there.
Fredericksburg area has become a new hot bed for the outlaw gangs due to its location between DC and Richmond.
I personally had a run in with a Thunderguard (1 percent'er), and it nearly came to blows all of this was because of a shirt I have from Walmart that says "Filthy Few" that my wife got me.
Filthy Few is the nickname for the Hells Angles enforcers, and being a shaven headed stocky and muscular guy I guess I fit this persona.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=filthy%20few

#579925 - 08/10/13 10:08 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: OIF Marine]
ThePuke Offline
Pro-Defense

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Quantico
Originally Posted By: OIF Marine
being a shaven headed stocky and muscular guy I guess I fit this persona.

Racism!!! You were profiled!!! Call Eric Holder and have him investigate this violation of your civil rights by the Thunderguard! Bald, stocky, and muscular guys should not be profiled or discriminated against!!!

The triumph of of evil is that good men (and women) do nothing.

#580104 - 08/11/13 10:29 AM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
90lxtc Offline
Poison Boooooolit......

Loc: VA
City or County: Caroline county
Cant correct stupid.. once that thought is planted in there head they'll never listen.

From your story he is misinformed about VA open carry law AND the correct definition of "Brandishing"

Edited by 90lxtc (08/11/13 10:30 AM)

2ND Amendment Civilians Are The USA True Reserve.

#1275113 - 11/05/17 05:17 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
MrG Offline
I like Tacticool things

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: spotsylvania
You can add TGI Fridays to the list as well.
I was OC'ing a few years ago, it was my wifes birthday, we went in for dinner.

Soon after I was approached by the manager, saying that I was making someone uncomfortable.

He then advised me of their policy. I told him that they needed to have a sign up at the door. He then takes me to the door, and in the top right corner about 2x2 inches, there was a no guns sign, I jokingly told him I wasnt carrying a beretta, It was a slash sign thru a beretta 92.

Since it was their policy, I took my firearm to the car and returned, but did advise him I would not be back to any TGIF.

He said it wasn't his choice, but store policy, and he didnt agree with it either.

He was professional, and kept it very low key.
But we have not been back since.

#1284233 - 11/26/17 07:35 AM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
wiskytango Offline
DiArce necklace provider

Loc: Fredericksburg
I’ve been harassed at the Massaponax Walmart many times in the last decade. So I just stopped OC’ing.

#1292072 - 12/14/17 09:07 AM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: wiskytango]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Originally Posted By: wiskytango
I’ve been harassed at the Massaponax Walmart many times in the last decade. So I just stopped OC’ing.
ive never had a problem there, in fact one employee said she was happy i was carrying, i dont shop wallyworld without carrying

#1309607 - 01/25/18 12:43 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Ffx County unfortunately
Pure ignorance is just so common nowadays.

Why are you always smiling?" "Because it's all so **I'M AN IDIOT** hysterical."

Chitty chitty bang bang

#1339727 - 04/07/18 10:06 PM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
OSU84 Offline
Retired Army,former LEO, Disabled Veteran

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
Add Outback and T-Mobile stores stores to the list to.
101st ABN
Former LEO Tulsa, OK
NRA Endowment Member

#1345332 - 04/23/18 08:16 AM Re: Anti-gun Businesses in Fredericksburg [Re: Wilkisme]
rickzski Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks for posting. I'll be sure to NEVER use that guy for any fencing needs. I'll also spread the word around my community.

Edited by rickzski (04/23/18 08:20 AM)