Who's Online
9 registered (JRinVA, Scb, Otislee, Bandagman, Les_Williams, BuildItAll, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#824797 - 12/07/14 09:43 AM The most important day for gun owners in Virginia
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
Yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. When you are tired of hearing it "make noise" you give it what it wants to quiet it down....right?

Well, who's going to make the most noise in 2015 ... the gun owners or the anti-gunners? Who will get what they want?

Monday January 19, 2015 will be here soon. Its MLK Day, a holiday, and a lot of you and your children and spouses will have off work.

That day is also LOBBY DAY in Virginia. You can lobby your law makers for whatever interests you. This takes place at the General Assembly building in Richmond. There will be folks there lobbying for everything from education to renewable energy to legalizing marijuana and for STRICTER GUN LAWS. Yes, there will be anti-gun people there. How many? We don't know. But we have to outnumber them. We have to make more noise!!!! We have to be the squeaky wheel!!!

You know how you take your car to get the oil changed or change it yourself? Why?? Because its preventative maintenance. Its something that needs to be done so your car will be there for you when you need it. Think of Lobby Day as preventative maintenance for your GUN RIGHTS. It's a few hours out of one day a year for you to sacrifice so that your gun rights will be there for you in the future.

What can you do at Lobby Day to make a difference? Just showing up is huge. If you wish you can go in the building and speak with your lawmaker...encourage them to support gun rights. At least we need to flood the building with our GUNS SAVE LIVES stickers so that all the lawmakers see us.

Then we rally at the Bell Tower afterwards, which is on the grounds of the General Assembly building. The VCDL and others will speak.

Usually starts around 9am, ends by noon. It is a holiday so many of the government employees are off work = PARKING ISN'T AS BAD!!!

Please try to come and bring friends and family. Its a great experience for kids too.

You can even open carry or conceal carry but you MUST HAVE A CHP!!

Thanks for reading this...hope to see you all there.

Questions?

#828853 - 12/15/14 08:49 PM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
highlandscot Offline
Does not suffer fools

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
VCDL is offering bus rides for a reasonable amount if you want to go with others, skip the driving and still participate. Here is the latest info:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Not yet a VCDL member? Join VCDL at: http://www.vcdl.org/join
VCDL's meeting schedule: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html

When making a reservation for a bus seat on January 19th, I forgot to ask you to also indicate at which locality (Fairfax, Roanoke, Virginia Beach, Charlottesville, Lynchburg, or Harrisonburg) you will be catching the bus.

So once again:

Here is the cities where there will be pickup/drop off points for the buses (approximate pickup/drop off times in parenthesis):

Charlottesville (6:15 AM / 4 PM)
Fairfax County (6 AM / 4 PM)
Harrisonburg (6 AM / 4:15 PM)
Lynchburg (5 AM/ 5:30 PM)
Roanoke (4 AM / 5:10 PM)
Virginia Beach (6 AM / 4 PM)

The exact location of each pickup/drop off point will be announced in a future update.

Each bus holds 55 passengers and we are taking reservations for seats now - first come, first serve.

The cost is $25 per seat for VCDL members and their party and $30 per seat for non-members and their party. We will also gratefully accept additional contributions to help defray the rest of the cost for the buses (which is actually around $32 per seat)..

To make your reservation, send an email to: bus@vcdl.org

Include the following information in the email:

1. The locality where you will be catching the bus

2. The number in your party

3. For each member of your party, include:

a. Their full name
b. Their email address (if they have one)
c. Their cell phone number (if none, then their home phone)

ONCE YOU HAVE GOTTEN A CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR SEATS ARE RESERVED, then you can pay for your seats by clicking here:

https://mobipledge.mobi/vcdl/webpledge/

(You can pay for all the seats with one payment and, again, you can donate more if you wish to help defray more of the cost for the buses.)

Just bring the receipt with you when boarding on January 19th.
FFL/SOT GCA & NFA - Transfers by appointment only

#831881 - 12/22/14 09:50 PM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
highlandscot Offline
Does not suffer fools

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Here is a link to a flyer. Make some copies and hand them out where you think they will do the most good. We need to flood the event this year with those who would protect our Constitution, and rights as citizens. We need to send a strong, unequivocal message to all politicians: We Virginians will not tolerate you messing with the 2nd Amendment, or ANY Amendment, and we certainly will make you pay the price if you decide to do so.

https://vcdl.org/sites/default/files/Lobby_Day_2015_Flyer.pdf

PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND LOBBY DAY THIS YEAR! WE NEED TO SHOW WE ARE STRONGER THAN EVER.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
FFL/SOT GCA & NFA - Transfers by appointment only

#834565 - 12/29/14 02:44 PM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
Originally Posted By: VaGunTrader
Yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. When you are tired of hearing it "make noise" you give it what it wants to quiet it down....right?

Well, who's going to make the most noise in 2015 ... the gun owners or the anti-gunners? Who will get what they want?

Monday January 19, 2015 will be here soon. Its MLK Day, a holiday, and a lot of you and your children and spouses will have off work.

That day is also LOBBY DAY in Virginia. You can lobby your law makers for whatever interests you. This takes place at the General Assembly building in Richmond. There will be folks there lobbying for everything from education to renewable energy to legalizing marijuana and for STRICTER GUN LAWS. Yes, there will be anti-gun people there. How many? We don't know. But we have to outnumber them. We have to make more noise!!!! We have to be the squeaky wheel!!!

You know how you take your car to get the oil changed or change it yourself? Why?? Because its preventative maintenance. Its something that needs to be done so your car will be there for you when you need it. Think of Lobby Day as preventative maintenance for your GUN RIGHTS. It's a few hours out of one day a year for you to sacrifice so that your gun rights will be there for you in the future.

What can you do at Lobby Day to make a difference? Just showing up is huge. If you wish you can go in the building and speak with your lawmaker...encourage them to support gun rights. At least we need to flood the building with our GUNS SAVE LIVES stickers so that all the lawmakers see us.

Then we rally at the Bell Tower afterwards, which is on the grounds of the General Assembly building. The VCDL and others will speak.

Usually starts around 9am, ends by noon. It is a holiday so many of the government employees are off work = PARKING ISN'T AS BAD!!!

Please try to come and bring friends and family. Its a great experience for kids too.

You can even open carry or conceal carry but you MUST HAVE A CHP!!

Thanks for reading this...hope to see you all there.

Questions?

The highlighted part is not completely correct.
A CHP is only required if you CC or if you plan to be armed (oc/cc) inside the General assembly building.

Folks not going inside the GAB can OC and don't need a permit.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#840473 - 01/11/15 11:07 AM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
K-9sHnDlr Offline
Marksman

Loc: V.A.
City or County: Brunswick
I was there last year and had a good time. I will be there this year and I have the wife and a coworker coming too. I may consider bringing my daughter too. Thanks Agent I learned a lot last year.

#843668 - 01/18/15 11:08 AM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
P3Bill Offline
VETERAN PEASHOOTER

Loc: Wilderness
City or County: Orange County
Here are the details from the VCDL website.

https://vcdl.org/2015LobbyDay/

#844280 - 01/19/15 04:55 PM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
PapaSeven Offline
Olympic Kiddie Pool

Loc: Spotsylvania
City or County: Spotsylvania
I never did see anyone from VAGT there. I THINK I saw Brian, but I'm too shy to ask.

#844286 - 01/19/15 05:18 PM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
I went to the LOBBY DAY event today with my wife and kids and another member, The speakers were impressive. Bottom line for our family is that it was a great way to expose our family to the political process. The kids recently discussed the VA General Assembly in school and this was a good "fieldtrip" too. A good family friendly and educational event.

The VAGT and VCDL turnout wasn't near what I would have expected it to be but there were still enough to make a small point. I now understand why the guys that showed up last year were so adamant about more of us attending. There are a lot of folks out there trying to strip our rights and not so many working to keep em. As a government employee, I was given the day off today, I considered it my place of duty today. Even still, I put this on my calendar last year to be sure I cleared my schedule well in advance. For Gov employees, there really is no good excuse. I've never met a person that actually celebrated MLKs birthday but I see and meet people all the time who like to go shooting at the range or enjoy their right to own a firearm. I hope the anti's don't have a stronger presence this afternoon.

It was great meeting other VAGT members and reaquainting with Brian VAGT and a few of the MODs, all quite friendly and not nearly as big in person as they are online.LOL HAHAHAHA,, except for Ford,of course. My son was able to get the best view of the place from upon Fords shoulders. A great day well spent. And to the Brian VAGT and the MODS..thanks for all that you do here on the VAGT. We wont always agree but we can easily agree that this is a great website and the MODS keep it running. Thank You !

Edited by Sfach (01/19/15 06:02 PM)
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#844390 - 01/19/15 08:05 PM Re: The most important day for gun owners in Virginia [Re: VaGunTrader]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
It was a good event got to see some old faces and some new faces ... very surprised the child molester Joe Morrissey was in his office today and not hiding like he has in years past , his office was changed to be right beside the other worthless gun hater Lopez. ( nova guys y'all need him gone )