Who's Online
10 registered (Eric Pugh, jr45, cvo springer, JamesG24, maknwakes, Scb, spaatz11, dzz, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#782593 - 09/05/14 03:53 PM chris15t
R77 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Charlottesville
We had been working on a deal for five days and agreed to meet in Richmond for me to pick up a 54 Anschutz rifle.
He even marked it sold and I asked was it for me and responded with yes and we were still good to go.
Maybe I should have gotten his wife's permission..

Conversations:

From chris
To: Ron 9/1/14: Took a look down the barrel and it looks clean I would be glad to take it to a gun shop tomorrow and have it looked at to verify its good as I am no professional.
I definitely dont want to mislead you or waste either of our time.
--------------------------------------
From chris
To Ron 9/2/14: I didnt get a chance to take it anywhere today to have the barrel checked it was a very busy day at work but im sure I could do it tomorrow. If you are sure you want it and want to meet in Richmond on Saturday then I will mark it sold. Im still getting pms and texts about it and im over the run around you seem like a stand up guy so im willing to make the trip. Thats very nice set up with the rifle you sent pics of the idea when I bought the rifle was to fix it up and get in to the competitions but there isnt any of that in this area and its hard to find time to get out to a descent range with work and the kids. Let me know and we will set up a place and time.

Date:09/01/2014 9:27 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: chris15t
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Anschutz match 54

As long as there is no visible pitting, should be fine. I can always re-barrel it.
Ron
-----------------------------------------------------------
chris15t
To Ron
Sep 3 at 6:10 PM
Sounds good I can meet you at bass pro around at 11am my number is (REMOVED) and the agreement for $450 is good. I will be in a gray navigator.

-------- Original message --------
Date:09/03/2014 1:11 PM (GMT-05:00)

I understand busy.

How about Saturday 9/6 near Ashland around 10-11 am. That is right off 64 and about 1/2 way for both of us.
We could do Greentop or Bass Pro parking lot if either works for you. Or I am open to options.
I would be driving a DARK red Dodge Ram. And my Cell is : (REMOVED)
Let me know if this is workable for you. We are in agreement for $450, correct ?
If so, I will have a BOS and a copy for you with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

chris15t
To Ron
Sep 4 at 12:34 PM
I have a va license but no ccw or voter id I hope that isn't a problem since im only selling and not receiving a fire arm I do have a va state inspector license which is actually harder to get than a ccw so I am told ...u cant have felonies and have to pass a background check and credit check to show you are a person in good standing. Its about a 3 month process before you even take a test. The other thing I was going to ask is my wife has to go out of town this weekend so I will have the two little ones and have to do a morning project with them could we possibly meet at 2pm instead of 11am.

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

Date:09/04/2014 8:09 AM (GMT-05:00)

I suppose it goes without saying, will need to show Virginia D/L and preferably a CCW or Voter ID. I will do the same.
Ron
---------------------------------------------------------------------

chris15t
To Ron
Sep 4 at 3:18 PM
Thats fine then we will keep it 11am

Date:09/04/2014 1:19 PM (GMT-05:00)

The ID should be fine.
2:00 PM is going to be hard to manage though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
chris15t
To Ron
Today (9/5/14) at 2:04 PM
I am very sorry to say that the rifle has been sold my wife wanted her cousin to have it and took it with her. I apologize and hope I have not inconvenienced you in any way. Once again I am very very sorry.

#782683 - 09/05/14 06:53 PM Re: chris15t [Re: R77]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to chris15t inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction DO NOT RESPOND

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln