Who's Online
8 registered (dana_bp, ZM3L8R, DerrickM, 804life, Wade12, spaatz11, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1282413 - 11/21/17 01:28 PM Fryedink
Bullpup Offline
Only trade interests are in my signature.

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Fairfax County
Last week I bought a Shellback Tactical Banshee plate carrier from this member.

Asked him explicitly via PM before meeting whether the plate carrier was in new/clean condition, and he replied:

"I have tried it on a few times, but only for a few mins in my living room at a time. Like I said, I would keep it, but I would like one to match the rest of my gear."

Later met him in a parking lot to buy the item, gave it a quick look over and checked the tag to see if it was genuine, and handed him the cash and thanked him for making the drive out. He mentioned he didn't make it out to this area often and was going to go to Tysons Mall afterward to shop for a family member.

I got the item home about 15-20 mins later and when examining it under light I saw that there was a quarter-sized stress-tear in the fabric of the plate pocket right under the right-hand shoulder strap. This was not mentioned in the item description, nor when I asked him about the condition via PM, nor when we met.

I texted him immediately to say that while I was sorry for not examining the item more closely before handing him the cash, that this damage should have been communicated before he sold it and that I would like to reverse the transaction. Even offered to meet him at Tysons Mall to make it convenient for him. No response then or since, after he had been responding promptly to texts up until that point.

Can not recommend dealing with this member.

Edited by Bullpup (11/21/17 01:29 PM)

- Nice triangle folder AK in 7.62x39
- ARAK-21 12.5" upper in 7.62x39
- BCM BFH 16" barrel
- High-end AR15 match/DMR barrel in 5.56/.223 or 6.5 Grendel
- Aero Precision 6.5 Grendel BCG

#1282502 - 11/21/17 05:06 PM Re: Fryedink [Re: Bullpup]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to fryedink encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln