Who's Online
13 registered (J D Shelby, Bullet41, Wuffpack2010, aspen1776, SovietPizza, jblack87, Kegron, Skywalking, Jedi958, Alexk68w, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1643587 - 06/01/20 09:38 AM Old termite wood. What is it good for?
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Two answers, I give you the answer at the end of the week.

Feel free to guess in the meantime.

Serious answer, obviously anybody can burn it.

It's actually excellent for several things.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1643607 - 06/01/20 10:51 AM Re: Old termite wood. What is it good for? [Re: Cash is King]
JiveBunny Offline
Ω=Futile

Loc: North Carolina
City or County: Caldwell
1- Giving to a person you do not like for use in their projects as salvaged wood. Termites will then be drawn to the pheromones still in the wood and start a new infestation.

2- Burning.

#1644848 - 06/04/20 09:47 AM Re: Old termite wood. What is it good for? [Re: Cash is King]
Joe4d Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Spring grove
Filler to stack on my shooting berm

#1644909 - 06/04/20 01:05 PM Re: Old termite wood. What is it good for? [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K84oDrqMLps6L5J8A

Propagation boxes for fig cuttings. Keith Dunlap or somebody in the shout box wanted some fig plants. We've also propagated thornless blackberries AKA black raspberries, Hardy kiwis and blueberry trees.

#1644910 - 06/04/20 01:08 PM Re: Old termite wood. What is it good for? [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uPcGxvmb9GnMzi3JA

Glue in 45 degree corner braces for cabinets and shelves. The glue spreads and provides amazing strength.

My apologies for the links , I'm not at a computer

#1645049 - 06/04/20 07:17 PM Re: Old termite wood. What is it good for? [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Sounds like"Uncle John's Miracle Rose Food",a clever use of available resources sold to the tourists for some years in southern Maine.The recipe:

Take twenty or so pounds of moose s**t,place in 55 gallon plastic barrel.Add water to top,loosely cover.Allow to ferment stirring daily.Allow to settle for one week,drain liquid into quart and pint jars with labels,sell to the tourists for $10 a pint or $15 a quart.It does work,but geeez!

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1645122 - 06/04/20 10:11 PM Re: Old termite wood. What is it good for? [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: dustydog
Sounds like"Uncle John's Miracle Rose Food",a clever use of available resources sold to the tourists for some years in southern Maine.The recipe:

Take twenty or so pounds of moose s**t,place in 55 gallon plastic barrel.Add water to top,loosely cover.Allow to ferment stirring daily.Allow to settle for one week,drain liquid into quart and pint jars with labels,sell to the tourists for $10 a pint or $15 a quart.It does work,but geeez!

Drink a lot of moose urine do ya...

Probably not a good idea... just saying.