Who's Online
12 registered (vanavyman, 1morecast87, Rudy42, COFFMAN5, chase45hicks, ttran, kjack, Tan41, 4 invisible), 10 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#851503 - 02/02/15 05:00 PM Inherited firearms PA to VA ?
BossGVR4 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Fairfax
I've read some previous topics on interstate transfer of inherited firearms but nothing that is specifically the same as my situation. Here are teh facts of my particular case:

My Father-In-Law, a PA resident, recently passed. He specifically stated in his will that I receive all his firearms. My Mother-In-Law is the Executress of his will.

I know that I can go to a PA FFL in person and have all the long guns transferred to my name and I can legally move them to my home in VA.

My question is on the 3 handguns in his collection. Is it as easy as having my M-I-L (Executress) take them to a PA dealer and having them shipped to my VA FFL. Where I, in turn, pay and have the VA FFL do the transfer ?

#851529 - 02/02/15 05:26 PM Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? [Re: BossGVR4]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
If the will says that you get the guns, then you go to PA and pick them up and take them home, they are now your guns. There is no FFL involvement necessary.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#852613 - 02/04/15 06:19 PM Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? [Re: BossGVR4]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
Yup go gettem they are yours

#852627 - 02/04/15 06:46 PM Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? [Re: BossGVR4]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Just make sure you follow the rules driving through Maryland, those commie bastages are out to get us.

#853003 - 02/05/15 03:00 PM Re: Inherited firearms PA to VA ? [Re: BossGVR4]
BossGVR4 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Fairfax
Thanks for the replies ... and I will painfully drive the speed limit from the top of MD to the Wilson bridge.