Who's Online
11 registered (dovk0802, smokem, Davester, M4fun, Speedyarms, Rt50blaster, r50140, red3, 3 invisible), 6 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#700116 - 03/25/14 09:57 PM Need some help, most likely from a dealer. "Try before buy".
Sean Offline
Vaeevictiss

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
After a relentless search for at least 2 years, i am unable to find an LCD/Nielsen adapter for my SWR Trident. SWR/Silencerco themselves have said they have no plans to make them. So im basically stuck with a can i can never use on my M&P (currently it lives on a 9mm SBR, but id like to get a 9mm barrel for my M&P40 and use it on that).

Recently, ive been reading some old forum posts from around the web, and "legend has it..." that a Gemtech multimount adapter will fit the tridents. Word from SWR is that their pitch is slightly off, the adapter still screws on tight and apparently people said theirs have worked fine this way for years.

Id like to find someone with both an adapter and the trident that could try it out and see if it fits. Even if you only have the adapter i could meet up with my can and try it if you dont live or run your business too far away.

I cannot get a yes or no from Gemtech themselves and its probably a liability thing if they tell me yes so i figured the only way is to actually try it out.

If it fits, and you are a store, i will also be interested in buying it if you have one for sale.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Sean (03/25/14 09:58 PM)

#700139 - 03/25/14 10:28 PM Re: Need some help, most likely from a dealer. "Try before buy". [Re: Sean]
Immortal Arms Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Culpeper
I can confirm that my Trident 9 and my Gemtech Multimount Trilug fit together just fine. Not tight at all. Threads appear to be exactly the same. Their current LID offering will NOT work. The threading has been moved to the center of the device, leaving too much piston to fit inside the can.

#700146 - 03/25/14 10:56 PM Re: Need some help, most likely from a dealer. "Try before buy". [Re: Sean]
Immortal Arms Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Culpeper
http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/centerfirepistol.html

Trying to find you one out among the dealer network.

#700185 - 03/26/14 05:12 AM Re: Need some help, most likely from a dealer. "Try before buy". [Re: Sean]
Sean Offline
Vaeevictiss

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
awesome thanks! bad news on the Gemtech LID tho frown

Edited by Sean (03/27/14 05:55 AM)