Who's Online
13 registered (Caliber Firearms & Accessories, lawman90, Parsons, Kendo, GreenArrow08, JBecker, bh2win, TankGuy, reswob, 4 invisible), 13 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1632922 - 05/07/20 01:15 AM Range Closure Stonewall RPC—recommendations
Buzz Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
I am currently in an ongoing dispute with the Board of Dictators at one of my clubs here in VA. This club (Stonewall Rifle and Pistol Club) is currently the only outdoor range in the state that remains closed to members. Members of our Board of Dictators made the unilateral decision to close the club without member input—they changed the gate lock so no one can enter. Their actions are in direct violation of our club Bylaws.
Despite attempts from many of our members, our BODictators is refusing to reopen the club, even on a limited basis to members only—and despite the fact that there are several proposals that would allow safe operation of our ranges. They are sticking to the ‘because I said so’ approach instead of allowing members to make their own decisions like rational adults.
They supposedly convened a special BODictators meeting this past weekend to discuss reopening but no members have been apprised of the results of this meeting.
Several members are calling for a vote of no confidence in the leadership of this board at our next membership meeting.
What would you do if this was your club?

#1633233 - 05/07/20 06:47 PM Re: Range Closure Stonewall RPC—recommendations [Re: Buzz]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
Email or contact all members... have them write a group letter with all names / signatures and all demand a pro-rated refund for the time that the range is closed... this should get their attention. The gubinator did not demand outdoor ranges be closed.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#1636784 - 05/15/20 01:10 PM Re: Range Closure Stonewall RPC—recommendations [Re: Buzz]
Buzz Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Stafford
MP3Mogul,

We Marines have a similar train of thought. They rejected the prorated dues idea outright soon after the closure began, as well as other ideas that would have allowed the club to open to members only. The BOD is still making it up as they go. They did not like a retired Marine speaking out against the dictatorial leadership, so they gave me a full refund of all dues and initiation fees.

Several other members are weighing in, but I have other places to shoot that respect the free exercise of our 2A rights—especially when we are paying for it.

SF
Buzz
Maj. USMC Ret.

#1636788 - 05/15/20 01:41 PM Re: Range Closure Stonewall RPC—recommendations [Re: Buzz]
Larke62 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: winchester
I love your courage man!

#1640671 - 05/24/20 11:43 PM Re: Range Closure Stonewall RPC—recommendations [Re: Buzz]
shootergdv Offline
Marksman

City or County: Rustburg
Read the by-laws . Many Boards assume they can do things they can't.

#1640672 - 05/24/20 11:50 PM Re: Range Closure Stonewall RPC—recommendations [Re: Buzz]
shootergdv Offline
Marksman

City or County: Rustburg
Danged if the by-laws ain't online. 45 members can force a meeting, 2/3 can change everything. We had some problems many years back and voted the rascals out !