Who's Online
7 registered (milprileb, CowboyECHO, Benelli0318, kyler58, ffksnow, vash731, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1662215 - 07/29/20 01:48 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: JBaccheus]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Originally Posted By: JBaccheus
Mark, I happen to know and be friendly with a good number of people participating in The protests. These are young people who see this as a worthy cause.

And then there are the rioters. Idk what goes through someones mind as they decide to torch the business outside of which a man was shot by the police. I do not understand what justifies acts of violence motivated by race.

The funniest part of this whole mess is that the whole antiracist movement... is racist. If you disagree with them, you are labeled as a racist/facist. If you don't actively show your support for them the same. It a knee jerk label slapping fuckfest.(forgive the profanity)

Weirdly, it has illustrated a point to me. I have no issue with people who are racist. I take issue with people who are supremacist.

I don't care if people 'protest' peacefully, that includes NOT randomly blocking as well as NOT destroying property and NOT attacking officers or other people. Once that starts they aren't protestors they are rioters and if you are harboring them or letting them use your protest you are a minimum an accessory. Boot them out (by whatever means necessary) or point them out to the police.

#1662218 - 07/29/20 02:25 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: Mark S]
Capman Offline
deanerr

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Roanoke, VA
Originally Posted By: Mark S
Mark, I happen to know and be friendly with a good number of people participating in The protests. These are young people who see this as a worthy cause.

And then there are the rioters. Idk what goes through someones mind as they decide to torch the business outside of which a man was shot by the police. I do not understand what justifies acts of violence motivated by race.

The funniest part of this whole mess is that the whole antiracist movement... is racist. If you disagree with them, you are labeled as a racist/facist. If you don't actively show your support for them the same. It a knee jerk label slapping fuckfest.(forgive the profanity)

Weirdly, it has illustrated a point to me. I have no issue with people who are racist. I take issue with people who are supremacist.

I don't care if people 'protest' peacefully, that includes NOT randomly blocking as well as NOT destroying property and NOT attacking officers or other people. Once that starts they aren't protestors they are rioters and if you are harboring them or letting them use your protest you are a minimum an accessory. Boot them out (by whatever means necessary) or point them out to the police.

I totally agree with this.

#1662561 - 07/31/20 06:36 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: Mark S]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Its kinda funny when people protesting police brutality are expected to turn to those same officers for aid. Me personally, I have known several officers who were stand up individuals, the sort who I would buy a drink. I have also personally encountered 3 different officers who had the impression that having a badge and a gun made them the biggest swinging **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** in town. I have twice feared for my life with such officers. The third simply took it upon himself to stop and frisk me on a near daily basis for 3 months.

My best interaction with the cops is no interaction.

My best interaction with officers of the law is one of support, and polite respect.

But please use your head.

#1662562 - 07/31/20 06:45 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: JBaccheus]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

To continue...

I don't like the idea of using the US military to attack US citizens. I feel like the people are the core and source of power for any government, and the oppression by force of arms makes ys no better then the commies overseas.

Whats next? Do we start deporting muslims or forcibly sterilize 'undesirables' .

More on that point, if we do use military might to stop protests on police action, what stops the Gov from using that same might against gunowners 'for public safety' to enforce unconstitutional laws and disarmament.

While that is considered a fallacy, these acceleration, I still worry about the consequences of that action.

Heres a suggestion... lets let california seccede, pump it full of these folks, and then carry on with our lives and let the earthquakes deal with them....

#1662584 - 07/31/20 10:04 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
So jb what do you propose should be done in cities where the liberal demotard leaders are ordering the city and state police force to stand down and abandon their own building? Should others just let their property be destroyed by these terrorists? So when these federal agencies are out protecting federal property because the liberal demotard leaders in those cities won't, well I have no problem with that! If everyone was like these terrorists, there would be complete anarchy and this country would be like that of a third world.

#1662674 - 07/31/20 04:46 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: Newgunguy]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

To start with, I don't much like your language.

Its terms like "liberal demotard", "libtard", "republi **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**" that really turn me off. What that accomplishs is to lump an entire group of people into one lump of ugly. It does nothing to improve discourse, communication, or understanding.

Lambasting completed, I am not aligned with a political party. I do not think the police should stand down. I think those are the actions of frightened career politicians who want to be reelected, and who have no place in their current positions. Simply put, they are some spineless, cowardly, weasely chuckle **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**.

At the core of the Protests is the issue of police brutality, their policies, equipment and training/policies. My personal stance is that a police department does not need a tank, and that police beating protestors went out of style in the 1970's.

#1662677 - 07/31/20 04:50 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Protecting is defensive. When you hear terms like "dominate" or "controlling the battlesphere" it beings to mind military operations overseas. Because that is how it is run.

#1662679 - 07/31/20 04:53 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

In most cases, the police response is correct, and restrained. They arent charging into groups and beating them into submission. In cases where rioters are preventing access by emergency vehicles, burning buildings, or otherwise taking criminal action, treat them exactly as if they had taken that action. I fully support prosecution of these criminals, but don't prejudge a large and diverse group.

#1662722 - 07/31/20 06:45 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Simply put, they are some spineless, cowardly, weasely chuckle **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** .) This is ok jb but libtard isnt,. Whodathunk

#1662727 - 07/31/20 06:54 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: JBaccheus]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
Where did the US Military attack US citizens? I must be lacking on my news...

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#1662737 - 07/31/20 07:23 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
mikemike Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Stafford
Seems to me JB that if your friends are protesting in the streets then maybe it's time you get some new friends.

#1662795 - 08/01/20 01:20 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: MP3Mogul]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Apologies for the misunderstanding, that was in response to calls for use of the reserve forces/ armed forces vs riots, with use of extreme force.

I have a belief that our military should not be used against our people. I am not opposed to swift and decisive action targeting leaders and organizers, but the idea of soldiers marching down Pennsylvania ave with purpose chills me.

#1662796 - 08/01/20 01:25 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: mikemike]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

We do not agree eye to eye on all issues. I happen to see the current narrative of reparations and minority only grants as supporting a different kind of inequality and racial imbalance, one which directly isolates a racial group (defined as whites) and denies them opportunities available to others on the basis of skin colour. I think that hypocrisy can only lead towards further division, and breed resentment.

They have their reasons for what they do, I have mine. I do know that at the end of the day they are good people, ones who stick out their necks for what they believe to be right. I would trust my life to a few, because I know when it came down to it they would have my back.

That kind of loyalty is very important to me, moreso then some political differences.

Edited by JBaccheus (08/01/20 02:48 AM)

#1662817 - 08/01/20 08:41 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
who would have thought it,such a simple observation(the original post) could go so far off-track.

Ya'll keep at it,and shuffle off to the side that a US vet was abused for asking a question.BTW,appears that the troops in question were probably Border Patrol goon squad (yes,have met some of those zesty fellows,years ago),and THEY ARE BEING USED AS A PRIVATE POLICE FORCE.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1663033 - 08/02/20 08:26 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

City or County: Dinwiddie & Henrico
My 2 cents

If he simply went down there in hopes of having a discussion with Federal agents, then he already made a poor choice.

Hoping to sip coffee and talk to a group of agents who were sent somewhere due to civil unrest, destruction of federal property and, assault on federal employees was not too smart.

I have not seen the video, nor will it change my position on this matter.
Wrong place and time.
Figure out a more placid environment to have said discussion.

If you go to see a fight, and get in the middle of two fighters......you might get nailed.

I don't feel any worse for him just because he is a Vet. I am a veteran myself.

And on another note, anyone can pick up a Navy shirt from a surplus store and go down to a protest. I'm not saying he is not a veteran, what I'm getting at is law enforcement/federal agents and other folks in general shouldn't assume anything. In fact they and most military folks are trained to never assume anything. That is how you get hurt or killed.

Never assume anything.

Be polite, be professional,
But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

It's about always being prepared.
If They Stand Against You, Show Them No Mercy

#1663043 - 08/02/20 09:11 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

The very nature of peaceful protest is to shame the opposition into thinking about their actions.

BTW,read the news services regarding the protesters since the pullback on the goon squad.Seems not only are they PEACEFUL,BUT THEY ARE STOPPING FIRES,ETC. STARTED BY THE BORED BURB KIDS THAT ARE CAUSING THE VIOLENCE.

Also might care to retract that semi-conspiracy theory regarding the gentleman's Navy creds (buy a Navy shirt);he's already been checked out

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

#1663176 - 08/02/20 06:56 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: MP3Mogul]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Now the “protesters” are now burning bibles and the American flag in in front of the court house...what are they protesting again?

#1663235 - 08/02/20 08:59 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
both are protected forms of protest,seems ya'll got thing about Americans that don't fit into a VERY narrow "party line".

#1663244 - 08/02/20 10:02 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Originally Posted By: dustydog
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
both are protected forms of protest,seems ya'll got thing about Americans that don't fit into a VERY narrow "party line".

LOL
Maybe it’s the Marxist movement against America and it’s culture while simultaneously trying to erase it’s history. It won’t go as planned...

#1663268 - 08/03/20 02:49 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

Its really sad when privileged (by this I mean spoiled) kids from the suburbs can become the violent face of a combined and complex group movement.@Dusty

It is even more sad when those who should be adults want to pick a fight with said kids, and escalate the violence with their tacticool tool kits. When you threaten people with violence, you become the ugly gun toting paramilitary nutjob that the antigunners want all gun owners to be perceived as.

Edited by JBaccheus (08/03/20 02:51 AM)

#1663439 - 08/03/20 03:41 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Yeah, the firebombing of the Federal Courthouse was the Feds picking a fight with bored kids from the Burbs...right...just like Dusty and JB, said...

Accept, that's BS...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12247809/homemade-bomb-explodes-portland-courthouse-downtown-baghdad/

Edited by Mark S (08/03/20 03:41 PM)

#1663491 - 08/03/20 07:20 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: Mark S]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

https://www.insider.com/white-protesters...otesters-2020-6

June 2020

https://www.blackenterprise.com/beware-the-white-ninjas-starting-riots-and-scapegoating-black-folks/

January 2020

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/11/white-people-rioting-for-no-reason.html

November of 2014.

I, as a melanin challenged young person (Meant Ironically), having moved from my parents ancestral home (where their parent's and parent's parent's immigrated), have found myself stranded and alone.

I do not have a feeling of culture or community, I find myself lacking in connection to those around me.

Part of that is my fault, as an outsider, but I think that this is also a common feeling of my generation.

#1663498 - 08/03/20 07:59 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: JBaccheus]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

https://www.insider.com/white-protesters...otesters-2020-6

June 2020

https://www.blackenterprise.com/beware-the-white-ninjas-starting-riots-and-scapegoating-black-folks/

January 2020

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/11/white-people-rioting-for-no-reason.html

November of 2014.

I, as a melanin challenged young person (Meant Ironically), having moved from my parents ancestral home (where their parent's and parent's parent's immigrated), have found myself stranded and alone.

I do not have a feeling of culture or community, I find myself lacking in connection to those around me.

Part of that is my fault, as an outsider, but I think that this is also a common feeling of my generation.

Lol, yeah that's it...white supremacists running false flag operations...that's just stupid.
It must be the 'great white secret squirrel force', which has its own secret handshake of course, making coordinated attacks in Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, etc., all at once! Those effing guys are amazing!!!

#1663543 - 08/03/20 10:33 PM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: Mark S]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

IKR, its almost like the secret society of black jews which runs liberal media. THey want to institute forced sterilization protocols for aggressive males, with mandatory leather mask wearing, so as to further the agenda of the devil worshiping left.

*End of Sarcasm*

#1663612 - 08/04/20 11:43 AM Re: alas,Babylon..... [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

JB,I don't think they get the nature of hypebole.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >