Who's Online
20 registered (burkeman, Cretors, Goldie2, reggiediaz, Nillawafer, Bullet41, Ratsterr, TJ7, Kats, Falkov, jpa0118, Manwich23, Anbshatch, Joncumminsguy, Eric Pugh, Irishinva, 4 invisible), 9 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1674345 - 09/14/20 08:38 PM Private sale at a gunshow
DirtyJ Offline
Top Flight Security Of The World

Loc: Richmond, VA
City or County: Chester
At a Gunshow, if I do a private sale, We go to VSP and do the BGC for one gun, then he decided he wants to buy another gun from me, does he have to redo the BGC?

Or could a person do a back ground check and buy as they please private sales with proof of a check that day?

#1674356 - 09/14/20 09:15 PM Re: Private sale at a gunshow [Re: DirtyJ]
ak66 Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
When you do it via VSP at a gun show, they would usually take the firearm serial numbers as well - at least in my experience at Dulles. I would think youíll need another check but then if they saw you again with the same buyer I think they would be more understanding
- ATPIAL-C (FDE)
- Geissele Mk4 Federal ODG
- Steiner 830r
- B5 SOPMOD stock in tan (Gen 1 preferred)
- LMT fixed rear sight
- Beretta M9 or M9A1 (not 92 A1 or 92FS)

#1674527 - 09/15/20 03:16 PM Re: Private sale at a gunshow [Re: DirtyJ]
rromeo Offline
Full Auto

City or County: Pulaski
I thought the VSP quit doing private checks at gunshows, because they are not actually legal. They also do not comply with the new law.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1674633 - 09/15/20 09:13 PM Re: Private sale at a gunshow [Re: DirtyJ]
DirtyJ Offline
Top Flight Security Of The World

Loc: Richmond, VA
City or County: Chester
VSP is still doing checks. I didnít think they took the S/N. I wrote it in the receipt but nothing in the paper work the buyer fills out

#1674920 - 09/16/20 08:42 PM Re: Private sale at a gunshow [Re: DirtyJ]
rromeo Offline
Full Auto

City or County: Pulaski
Okay, I misunderstood a post from another member regarding the VSP checks at gun shows
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.