Who's Online
7 registered (whypanic, Chatton, VA Jim, et63, DCFD4, HMB123, DougN), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1739456 - 03/08/21 04:31 PM legalian
pman104 Offline
MRE Connoisseur

Loc: VA
City or County: Short Pump
Agreed to a trade deal with legalian including time, place, and items to be exchanged. A few days after agreeing to the deal, the user informed me that he had sold one of the items that was agreed upon in the trade because he had gotten a better offer on it at a local gun shop. I can post text screenshots if needed, but I certainly would avoid doing business with this user (legalian).

#1740049 - 03/09/21 09:33 PM Re: legalian [Re: pman104]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to legalian encouraging him to respond to this feedback.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1740081 - 03/09/21 10:55 PM Re: legalian [Re: pman104]
legalian Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Nova
City or County: Alexandria
We had come to an agreement for him to drive up from Southern VA two weeks after we came to an agreement. I looked as this more like a deal to do a deal. For 4-5 days after we came to this agreement, both he and I continued to bump our original posts listing our items. I got nervous that he was looking for a better deal and was not going to drive the 3 hours to complete our deal. He now says he was bumping the posts only because other items were listed. It seemed shady so I went with a local deal to sell a weapon that I was going to trade to him plus cash for his rifle. I then let him know I was no longer doing the deal 6 days before he was to drive up to me. I agree both parties didn’t act in the best fashion. But it was the behavior of the other towery to co tongue listing his item for sale that made me back out. As you can see everyone else on here has left positive feedback and never had a problem dealing with me, when they also acted honorably. This person can say what he wants but in my mind he was clearly looking for a better deal for days after our “agreement”.

#1740220 - 03/10/21 11:05 AM Re: legalian [Re: pman104]
pman104 Offline
MRE Connoisseur

A “deal to do a deal” is still agreeing to complete a deal. I’ll agree that I should’ve marked my post “sold pending trade” or something to that effect, but if you were so concerned about me backing out why didn’t you just shoot me a message or ask about it? I would’ve been happy to take the listing down if it was making you anxious. I’m now glad I didn’t seeing how this all planned out.

It’s funny how everyone has all positive feedback until they don’t. This is the first negative interaction I’ve had the gun trader. You yourself said “Well you’re a better man than me. After getting screwed a few times it’s made me too skeptical.” after I had called you out for bailing on our deal. Now that I’ve made a public post about our interaction suddenly we are both in the wrong? It’s interesting how the blame has shifted.

#1740222 - 03/10/21 11:06 AM Re: legalian [Re: pman104]
pman104 Offline
MRE Connoisseur

^ panned out, not planned out