Who's Online
7 registered (Zach17981, Riverroad, Dhoard21, VA_SHAKA, RWCB, Gnome, 1 invisible), 10 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1892168 - 05/27/22 06:43 PM Turkey hunting question
armchairhunter Offline
hunting dreams

Loc: VA
City or County: Arlington
I noticed recently (for first time) some folks on the west coast hunt turkey using airguns. is that something people do on this side? can it be done? I suspect one would need a lot of patience and waiting, it'll probably be less action than with a shotgun but could be rewarding. there is a stealth element to it. I'm curious what people think

#1893196 - 05/31/22 11:08 AM Re: Turkey hunting question [Re: armchairhunter]
Va Hunter Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Drakes Branch
City or County: Charlotte
It would be the same as using a shotgun except with the right airgun you range goes from 40 yards to 100 yards or a little more. Iv'e been thinking of buying a airgun for deer hunting.

#1894767 - 06/04/22 06:17 PM Re: Turkey hunting question [Re: armchairhunter]
armchairhunter Offline
hunting dreams

Loc: VA
City or County: Arlington
I think the pcp technology has come a long way. I like the aspect of marksmanship with smaller calibers , because (for turkey) you have to aim for the head and it's either you hit or you miss, lower likelihood of just injuring the target.

i also liked how some of those hunters get to shoot a second shot because there is no bang to scare them away

where would one go to hunt turkey here in va?

#1895046 - 06/05/22 03:08 PM Re: Turkey hunting question [Re: armchairhunter]
Va Hunter Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Drakes Branch
City or County: Charlotte
I'm not saying head shooting a turkey is impossible but think about it, a turkeys head is most always moving. Body shot with the right PCP gun is a dead bird. Where to hunt turkey's ? If you are brave enough to hunt WMA's with all the idiots running around that's a start. Me I just hunt my property where I'm the only idiot out there.