Who's Online
11 registered (CowboyECHO, Schebishzt, InkedSquid2, rjennings03A3, SNN, Boomer0828, Benelli0318, r50140, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#67768 - 11/28/10 04:56 PM Tutorials for PhotoBucket
gbellamy Offline
God, Family, Country and Guns

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
Here is a very well done tutorial for PhotoBucket

www.photobucket.com - Site you put your photos on.

http://computerhelpforums.net/tutorials/t-14-how-to-use-photobucket/ - Tutorial on how to use the photos here.

Now why would you want to use Photobucket vs the option for posting using the forum option?

1 - It will save VAGunTrader bandwidth. If you use Photobuck and the link options then the bandwidth for viewing the photos comes from your photobucket account and not the VAGunTrader site. This will save money for a great guy (VAGunTrader) who graciously gives us this site.
2 - You can use the clickable thumbnail option for posts and they will load fast and IF you want to see more then click on it and you get the big picture.
3 - You can post bigger more detailed pictures using PhotoBucket.
4 - Did I mention it saves VAGunTrader bandwidth and money. That prevents outages due to bandwidth limits being exceeded.

Now the downside:

IF you are a FFL holder that sells alot of guns on here and use this as your online store then this will probably not work for you. You may have to pay PhotoBucket for the extra space and bandwidth that you will use....BUT you can write that off on your taxes as advertising costs. Just trying to help out.

Hope this helps.

Gbellamy

#68046 - 11/29/10 02:38 PM Re: Tutorials for PhotoBucket [Re: gbellamy]
cttbax Offline
Plastic Pistol Scout Sniper

Loc: Augusta GA
City or County: Augusta
Gbellamy,

Dude, thanks for posting this... You are awesome!

Bax

#68188 - 11/29/10 09:15 PM Re: Tutorials for PhotoBucket [Re: cttbax]
jake23703 Offline
Arrogant Bastard

Loc: Portsmouth, VA 23703
City or County: Portsmouth
Is there a way to change the max attached file size? I know it can be done on other message board hosts. Having an 8mb limit is asinine, there is no reason for anyone to post a picture larger than 200kb. Resizing pictures is not difficult and it's ridiculous that people are taking advantage here because they are too lazy to learn how to do things properly.

If you're in the Hampton Roads area and want to change the barrel a Savage, let me know. I have an action wrench and a barrel nut wrench that you can borrow.

#68240 - 11/29/10 11:08 PM Re: Tutorials for PhotoBucket [Re: jake23703]
gbellamy Offline
God, Family, Country and Guns

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
Jake,
Are you asking about PhotoBucket or the UBB Forum Board limit?
If it is Photobucket the bandwidth used for large photos will only affect the seller (photobucket account) bandwidth limits. I do not know what VAGunTrader UBB software is set to.

But yes there are things within the settings of PhotoBucket that let you choose the default size photo to show. Photobucket will automatically resize the photo.

The best choice is to post clickable thumbnails. If someone is interested in the thumbnail then they can click it and see a bigger picture. It is all in the tutorial.

Gbellamy

#68307 - 11/30/10 08:22 AM Re: Tutorials for PhotoBucket [Re: gbellamy]
jake23703 Offline
Arrogant Bastard

Loc: Portsmouth, VA 23703
City or County: Portsmouth
Oh, I'm talking about what's attached on the board. I always use either photobucket or imageshack and resize everything to 640x480.

I'm not sure why I posted that in your thread, I think I meant to post it elsewhere.

I posted an imageshack tutorial before the upgrade, but it got deleted since the site owner figured that outboard hosting was no longer necessary.

It just annoys me that most people will not take the time to learn how to do anything other than take a crappy picture with their 8MP+ camera and then directly attach it to the board without cropping or resizing.

If you're in the Hampton Roads area and want to change the barrel a Savage, let me know. I have an action wrench and a barrel nut wrench that you can borrow.