Who's Online
13 registered (s70l3n, DB1963, WombatRider, wrickster, Rudy42, mike3325, Hazey, guns85, A218julian, CrispyPickle, GreenArrow08, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#787018 - 09/14/14 07:37 PM MNT99
Steady Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Member MNT99 straight up denied a full price sale (cash, nonetheless). I've been active-duty military for 25 years (i.e., still active - senior officer). I am a Virginia resident (own my house in Fredericksburg) with a VA driver's license and I have an active-duty military ID (Navy) with a copy of my latest orders and plenty of LESs to prove my standing.

His reply: No, sorry, I will not sell this gun to you, because I only sell to people with a Concealed Carry Permit.

Not for nothing, but when we can't even trust each other in such a disrespectful manner like this, then the liberal democrats have won - they brought us to the point of hating Military members and shunning them away like vermin who's money isn't any good around these parts.

I suppose I should shred my uniforms, burn them, and start smoking dope. I can't recall feeling so dirty about my service. Ever. Chapped and dazed over this I am.

Edited by BobVA (09/14/14 09:00 PM)

#787088 - 09/14/14 09:02 PM Re: MNT99 [Re: Steady]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to MNT99 inviting him to respond.

If you are not involved in this transaction .. DO NOT REPLY

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#787120 - 09/14/14 09:51 PM Re: MNT99 [Re: BobVA]
MNT99 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Reston
My original post for the item stated that buyer must have a valid VA concealed carry permit and must have a valid VA drivers license. That was clearly stated. The user sent me a message saying that he is military and does not have a concealed carry permit. I kindly told him that I wish to only sell to va concealed carry owners. This is a protection for me to make sure the person has passed the background standard and can legally own the weapon. This is something that many listings state. Mine is not the first one. I have a right to protect myself and make sure I am taking the steps I can to sell to someone that can own the weapon. I am sorry the user is offended that I did not substitute his military experience/ID for a CC but I am not taking chances.

#787135 - 09/14/14 10:21 PM Re: MNT99 [Re: Steady]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Both sides have had their say. Thread locked.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln