Who's Online
10 registered (FWD, roxie, Donharlan, Topoman, OPSCWO, jjx, 4 invisible), 12 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1351500 - 05/10/18 09:54 PM Concealed handgun permit renewal sent back unfulfilled b/c of RACE
HMMH Offline
Marksman

Loc: West Richmond Area
City or County: West Richmond Area
This is fascinating. I did this essentially as a social experiment.

On my concealed handgun permit renewal form, I put a dash "-" under RACE. Forgive me if this sounds to snowflakey, but I wanted to know what would happen. It's a shall issue State. This is not my first renewal. The Virginia State Police website does indicate that you should not leave any Fields blank. Technically, a dash is a mark and the field is NOT BLANK.

So I was looking at my current permit and race is not a field listed on the card. Again, not to sound all libcuckflake here... But how can they NOT fulfill the permit based on me not wanting to identify with a race such as white or black?

So they did NOT deny the permit renewal / application, but they sent it back to me. Unfulfilled. All my original documentation. It had a sticky note attached to it handwritten which said "please add race under #4 -thanks"

So it's going to cost me another two-3 stamps and envelopes, and it seems like I basically have to comply. Now that I know, I am a little bit frustrated. This experiment $ucks.

I understand vcdl may not respond. Any other members input appreciated.

#1351733 - 05/11/18 04:51 PM Re: Concealed handgun permit renewal sent back unfulfilled b/c of RACE [Re: HMMH]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
If you're not in a rush(time limit) before your VA CHP expires or have another CHP to cover you I would just fill the blank with something obscure ... like "not since HS", or "not competitive".

I use to fill in all gov't forms as "Caucasian. wink

But after getting a recent DNA test I now use/have added "Asian" or "Native American". My DNA profile says so, to all the above plus a few more.
I've also wrote in "Mixed".

America is the melting pot and race can be how you self identify.
Example:
BOH, wrote "Afro-American" iirc even though his mother was white.

IMHO, whatever you write in is fine, as long as it isn't a "willfully" false statement.

INLNDIPOOTV, but I did lay (I don't sleep) on a Sleep Number bed
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1351743 - 05/11/18 05:13 PM Re: Concealed handgun permit renewal sent back unfulfilled b/c of RACE [Re: HMMH]
FrostyEOD Offline

Loc: New Mexico
City or County: Moriarty
human

#1353335 - 05/15/18 11:17 PM Re: Concealed handgun permit renewal sent back unfulfilled b/c of RACE [Re: HMMH]
HMMH Offline
Marksman

It's got what plants crave

#1353336 - 05/15/18 11:18 PM Re: Concealed handgun permit renewal sent back unfulfilled b/c of RACE [Re: HMMH]
HMMH Offline
Marksman

It's "secretary not sure"