Who's Online
14 registered (Electrician, tekeve, RamMan, GlockReg, Chingon, golfdog, OleCavScout, WGSIG, TWG, harpua, ARParker1977, pgraber, Dlsims, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#694411 - 03/16/14 12:07 AM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
Tccurtis Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Va
City or County: Norfolk
I was punished for posting in the shotgun and riffle forums for buying a shotgun and a rifle then a moderator moved the rifle one into the over 200 dollar trade would have been nice to ask a question I was trading or paying cash depending on what the person wanted now I can't reply to others should only be a 24 hour ban but still an awful way to handle it I could have edited the post and removed the part about a trade for electronics makes more sense or post on my topic saying please clarify or post gets moved deleted

#694437 - 03/16/14 03:45 AM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
Ratgun Offline
RATGUN APPROVED!!!!!

Loc: VA
City or County: Vienna
You should be punished for horrible grammar AND punctuation (or lack thereof)

HUH?

WHAT?

#694450 - 03/16/14 06:46 AM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: Tccurtis]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
Originally Posted By: Tccurtis
I was punished for posting in the shotgun and riffle forums for buying a shotgun and a rifle then a moderator moved the rifle one into the over 200 dollar trade would have been nice to ask a question I was trading or paying cash depending on what the person wanted now I can't reply to others should only be a 24 hour ban but still an awful way to handle it I could have edited the post and removed the part about a trade for electronics makes more sense or post on my topic saying please clarify or post gets moved deleted

Trading a cell phone for a firearm does not belong in the firearm section, it belongs in the Trading Nonfirearm items for firearms. Your post was moved to the correct location, as you had no firearm to trade.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#699637 - 03/25/14 08:54 AM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: Colonfree]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
Originally Posted By: Colonfree
Easiest way to not get banned, is don't be a douche bag to anyone. Read and understand the rules, then follow them.

Pretty much sums it up, 99% of the members never see or hear from us because they do.
I am noticing that some are looking for loopholes in the rules and act accordingly siting "there isn't a rule that say's I can't".
Common sense plays a big role here. Spamming, Flooding the Shout Box etc inconveniencing other members and are also discouraged and arguing with a Moderator that "it isn't in the rules" is really a no brainer.

#701494 - 03/28/14 02:28 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
For those who still don't know who the mods are, a recent change lists all of the moderators on the very bottom of the forum pages.

Scroll down and you will see them and can click on one to communicated with him if you desire.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#736901 - 06/05/14 02:14 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
eaglefrq Offline
Marksman

City or County: Fredericksburg
My time-out was supposed to be up on 6/1, but I am still in time-out for some reason.

#737109 - 06/05/14 09:26 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: eaglefrq]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

You have been released from timeout.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#927696 - 07/27/15 12:55 AM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
highlandscot Offline
Does not suffer fools

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Here are a couple of thoughts - if you have been given a time out or ban, READ THE RULES AND FOLLOW THEM. Also - the Mods, who are volunteers, are human too, so politely asking for something a couple of times is better then sounding annoyed or angry that an issue was not fixed quickly enough for you. If you just seem to keep getting in SB trouble, but want to use the site - you can turn it off....problem solved. If you treat everyone with dignity and respect you will be treated likewise.

Just my $0.02 worth
FFL/SOT GCA & NFA - Transfers by appointment only

#943231 - 09/03/15 07:21 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
OldBay Offline
Crabcakia Refugee

Loc: VA 22032
City or County: Burke/Fairfax
To steal a quote from one of my all time favorite movies,
"I got my mind right, boss"

If you'll have me, I'd like to come back home. I'll understand if the answer is no.

#1072404 - 07/26/16 08:15 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
Jeff_smallmon Offline
Sayer of randomness in the shoutbox

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Norfolk
I still wanna see my secret squirrel wrap sheet! Lol. My tinfoil hat too!

#1148679 - 01/25/17 09:55 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
218albemarle Offline
Gun Accessory Guru

Loc: dunnsville va
City or County: Dunnsville, va
To the top my brutha

#1166096 - 03/02/17 01:56 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
shootergdv Offline
Marksman

City or County: Rustburg
Just got a message on the Sell that I had no permission to post ?
I did get in trouble once when I thought my ad was gone and reposted(turned out I had initially posted in another area!).
My bad. But I thought I was cool now.

#1171792 - 03/14/17 11:02 AM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: shootergdv]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Originally Posted By: shootergdv
Just got a message on the Sell that I had no permission to post ?
I did get in trouble once when I thought my ad was gone and reposted(turned out I had initially posted in another area!).
My bad. But I thought I was cool now.

Your account has no restrictions. You will get that message if you try to bump and ad in less than 24 hrs.

#1276673 - 11/08/17 11:58 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
TacoTuesday Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Loudoun
time out?

#1319924 - 02/17/18 12:04 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: TacoTuesday]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Originally Posted By: TacoTuesday
time out?

Timeouts are given for SB violations that disable the users access to the SB.

Site timeouts are also given for rules violations or when members do not respond the messages from Mods concerning an issue and limits the user to PMs only.

Bans on the other hand restrict users from accessing the site.

#1715691 - 01/17/21 01:43 PM Re: Punishment for breaking the rules..... [Re: VaGunTrader]
nk02442 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: WA
City or County: Vancover
Hello, I haven't used the site in years but it looks like I cant see anything and when I click any of the stickys, it says access denied. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2