Who's Online
25 registered (elcheecho, harleyguy86, Nxf1, benellisbe1970, kidd, morgan3054, SomeITGuy, VDW, RODNEY031475, jen22, sarguy, Anjoku45, Mkweaver, The Truth, bustedknee, WillyJoe, Virginiamudbrick, 8 invisible), 5 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1471537 - 03/17/19 10:17 AM 10.5 build
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Madison's finest

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Rochelle
I have a question that Im hoping a fellow member can shed some light on. Ive been building a couple of ARs for the last few years now. Ive been collecting used parts when possible, and attempting to acquire the hardest to find parts first. Both builds are almost done, and while Im not currently a stamp collector, Ive been building these to suppress them in the (hopefully) near future. That brings me to the pickle that Im in... I went with a Noveske CQB barrel (10.5) and the almost impossible to find, DD Lite 10 II rail. There was/is absolutely no info on this combo anywhere that Ive been able to find, so I didnt know that the rail will most likely keep me from suppressing. Im planning on putting a Lantac Dragon ASR on, but even with a few shims, there is very little chance that it will work.
Do any of you know of either a suppressor that is thin enough, or a mount that with keep the suppressor far enough away from the rail?
If I knew someone who owns an ASR, I would just go ahead and buy the mount to see if buy chance it works... worst case scenario, the Dragon ASR goes on a 16 lol

UPDATE...

It looks like Ill be using the 10.5 for another build with an NSR 9, so now I just have to find a sub $450 12.5 Crusader to get cut down to 11.5 facepalm ...since Noveske only makes a stainless 11.5.

Edited by Bcmgunfighter (04/14/19 05:37 PM)

Always looking for
Noveske VIS uppers
Noveske MUR uppers
Noveske SWS rails
Noveske Gen II lowers
Daniel Defense Omega X 7.0
Daniel Defense Lite Rail II 10
Winchester Model 72a bolt

#1481951 - 04/14/19 05:30 PM Re: 10.5 build [Re: Bcmgunfighter]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Madison's finest

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Rochelle
So Ive been looking at info on suppressing 10.5 5.56 ARs. One guy claims that he blew out a suppressor at that length... another guy claims that suppressors will wear out much faster, and goes on to say that 12.5 seems to be the sweet spot?
Im pretty set on keeping the 10.5, but not at the cost of a can. I would assume that the SiCo suppressors are good to go at 10.5?

Always looking for
Noveske VIS uppers
Noveske MUR uppers
Noveske SWS rails
Noveske Gen II lowers
Daniel Defense Omega X 7.0
Daniel Defense Lite Rail II 10
Winchester Model 72a bolt

#1482132 - 04/15/19 09:22 AM Re: 10.5 build [Re: Bcmgunfighter]
JustOneMore754 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Merrifield
City or County: Fairfax
I have a SiCo Omega 300 that I use on my 10.5 pistol and it performs just fine however I dont torture test it. I believe the issue most people see with suppressing shorter barrels is from increased heat (since the powder is still burning when it hits the suppressor). So cans that are made of less durable materials (like plain steel) would deform faster. I know SiCo is pitching their new chimera 300 can as full-auto rated & safe for any barrel length but in both cases the issue is heat build up. Im 99% sure the omega I have is also full auto rated so I you should be fine as long as youre not doing endless mag dumps out of your sbr you wont break it. Plus side if you do somehow break it SiCos customer service is top notch and theyll fix your can.

I can always be tempted by a:
- SPAS-12 with a folding stock.
- Shooter grade Luger
- Unique guns under $350