Who's Online
6 registered (GlockReg, Redskindad, Monk88, REM3200MBA, Dhoard21, harpua), 9 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1989695 - 03/09/23 08:44 PM Lamp Build
cwjw11 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia
City or County: midlothian
Ive had a New Frontier Armory lower for years that had a takedown pin detent that pushed out the side of the receiver essentially making it unusable and it had been sitting for over 8 years collecting dust. Decided to play around a little bit as i had many little pieces from different builds over the years just sitting in a parts bin as well so decided to give myself a little project. I did have to buy a couple small bits and a some cheap knock off parts to finish the project but overall mostly had everything at hand so it didnt cost me too much out of pocket to get to the final product. Im happy with how it turned out. Just wanted to share!

Attachments
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

#1989708 - 03/09/23 09:34 PM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

City or County: Prince George,23842
I like it!

You get the award for "most unique muzzle device".

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1989722 - 03/09/23 10:48 PM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Not all ARs are created equal...

City or County: Rochelle
Well done! I love that!
Super creative smile
DD Lite Rail II 14

MY DO NOT DEAL LIST
smilewhenIshoot - “There is zero evidence of voter fraud”
Manwich23 - supports Chinese/US power grid
JiveBunny
Downhillshot
Alwaystrading
dcarms - ATF CUCK

#1989912 - 03/10/23 02:52 PM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
Hiimjimmeh Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: Sterling
I love this, I also really like the framed paper targets, would've never thought to do this. looks awesome

#1989918 - 03/10/23 03:21 PM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County
That is AWESOME!!

How did you work togeather the Muzzle to the lamp socket? Where does the lamp cord come out?

I was looking at a messed up CETME and turning it into a lamp.

Thanks!

#1990159 - 03/11/23 08:17 AM Re: Lamp Build [Re: Gnome]
cwjw11 Offline
Gun fool

Thanks for all messages here! Was a fun project for sure that really wasnt too bad. As far as how it comes together i’ll start at the bottom.
- Purchased a lamp rebuild kit with cord and part where the bulb actually screws into.
- From there i drilled a hole in the back of the ammo can for wire entry from the wall socket.
- I then drilled 2 mounting holes in the lid of the ammo can so i could mount the stock to the lid. The bigger hole is where the receiver extension tube slides into the stock and the smaller hole i had to use a plastic shim and screw to attach to the lower part of the stock to make it level vertically so the lamp would stand straight up plus its need for more stability to help hold everything above.
-the bigger hole mentioned above i used a hollow threaded rod (about 2” long) purchased from the lamp section at Lowes and used 2 washers and 2 nuts to essentially bolt the stock down onto the ammo can lid.
- i then ran the electrical wire up through that rod into the stock
- now the rifle is a full build rifle other than hammer for the the trigger assembly, no bolt carrier group and no barrel (complete lower, complete upper with handguard minus barrel)
- barrel was a little project. I used the barrel nut from the handguard and steel washer that i had to grind down slightly in order to fit snuggly in the barrel nut. I then spot welded the washer into the barrel nut.
- purchased a long threaded rod from Lowes in the lamp section and cut it to the length i wanted.
- secured above rod to the welded barrel nut/washer combo via 2 nuts on either side.
- also purchased hollow 1/4wide metal rod from Lowes that was silver in color and cut it to length to go over the threaded rod secured to the barrle nut/washer combo. (This pole is just there to cover the bronze colored threaded rod and look more like a barrel)
- from there the lamp was together. I just ran the wire from the stock into a drilled hole on the back of the receiver extension into the rifle and ran the wire up to the top threw the threaded barrel i created in the last step and then attached the rifle to the buttstock as one does.
- at that point all i had to do was wire the lamp socket and then thread it down onto the threaded rod and voila a lamp is created then it just needs a lamp shade.

Hope most of that makes sense. Should of taken pics of the process but of course i never do

Edited by cwjw11 (03/11/23 08:51 AM)

#1990487 - 03/12/23 09:25 AM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
thats awesome, im assuming this is a basement or you are single lol

#1990491 - 03/12/23 09:54 AM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
Gnome Offline

If 80% receivers where not so outrages in price... and are in the ATF's "oh yhat us a firearm now" list.
I would place the lamo in the front bay window, like a ladies leg lamp.

#1990492 - 03/12/23 09:56 AM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
Gnome Offline

The little book to the right if the lamp.... bahahaha..!!

#1990534 - 03/12/23 11:48 AM Re: Lamp Build [Re: cwjw11]
cwjw11 Offline
Gun fool

That book is always a convo piece that gets a laugh! You can find them at Violent Little Machine https://www.violentlittle.com/collections/gear

Married here imaduckin, got lucky with our new home and got to add a small room upstairs that is “my” room