Who's Online
182 registered (Count_Yer_Coup, cummins01, Apec, cadi86, Alcoy, dana_bp, COFFMAN5, boostedgst, Bbrenn, DDevo33, 83Rabbit, Bubba26, Bawkbird, chahn, AveryHentze, DCFD4, 804life, 4Truck, DamonL, CFinch, Bluesplayer, cosmicelvis, AIM_BUT_I_STILL_MISS, Danb1, ChandlerMartin, Davester, 2030, Dawson, CowboyECHO, BPMAN, B92, AKSpraya, Com 45acp, Aviationrn, CalebC708, BigMacMil, Craaber, 6mmslayer, bcbigbuck, 42 invisible), 1225 Guests and 69 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2342251 - 06/08/26 07:28 AM HELP Painting Lower
kai5er Offline
Pea shooter

Registered: 04/08/20
Posts: 10
Loc: VA
City or County: Chester
Hopefully this is posted in the right place...

Been a while since I painted a lower. Did my alcohol prep & let it dry Started with a base layer of Testors enamel, waited 20min and mistakenly used alcohol to get off the excess. After smearing it around for a bit I realized I was supposed to be using non acetone nail polish remover. Tried drying the alcohol and switching but I still see 'water spots' over parts of the lower when looking straight on and if I tilt to look at in the light at an angle, everything looks smeared in white. Seems like no amount of polish will take off this mess.

Did I ruin my lower?!


Attachments
20260608_071757.jpg

20260608_072606.jpg



Top
#2343365 - 06/11/26 08:36 AM Re: HELP Painting Lower [Re: kai5er]
kyler58 Offline
Bolt action

Registered: 10/19/22
Posts: 143
Loc: VA
City or County: Mclean
Just rattle can it and call it a day

Top
#2371497 - Today at 09:04 AM Re: HELP Painting Lower [Re: kai5er]
kai5er Offline
Pea shooter

Registered: 04/08/20
Posts: 10
Loc: VA
City or County: Chester
Just wanted to update anybody in the future who may read this and need help, I used a magic erase sponge to fix this and did not damage my finish!

Top