Who's Online
42 registered (trio, Workaholic, Brhughes, Greg, SGT37, Ayal, ELTray1997, 2022runner, sonicJOL, 2030, antiquerer, jphaxx, AIM_BUT_I_STILL_MISS, GlockBetterThanColt, BigLew703, Spookydawg, Matt69, Kraken609, K31fan, Fatboyboy, fella, lunamojo, Mkweaver, Hot_Muzzle5150, FPS, Bcmgunfighter, 16 invisible), 1387 Guests and 69 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1742625 - 03/16/21 01:01 AM M1 Garand rebarreling
rabauser Offline
Addicted

Registered: 05/02/10
Posts: 403
Loc: Nova
City or County: Ashburn
I recently traded a family member for an M1 Garand. The barrel has import markings on it, and seems to be worn. Still shootable but probably lost some it's accuracy. I was thinking of getting a different barrel for it. Anyone know a gunsmith around NOVA who does this?

Top
#1742657 - 03/16/21 08:12 AM Re: M1 Garand rebarreling [Re: rabauser]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Registered: 10/10/16
Posts: 749
Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Gus's Garands is your best bet but he usually has a 6 month lead time. If you are mechanically inclined, I encourage you to buy the tools and do it yourself, it isn't too terribly complicated. I'd he happy to walk you through the process if you choose to DIY
_________________________
Much like anonymous sex, internet based gun transactions are mildly risky, but almost always worth it.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes.

It's not junctional, it's probably fine

Top
#1751816 - 04/07/21 10:58 PM Re: M1 Garand rebarreling [Re: rabauser]
shootergdv Offline
Marksman

Registered: 07/08/10
Posts: 357
Loc: VA
City or County: Rustburg

Top