Who's Online
15 registered (jrd, Bn1837, dzz, Gnome, larry1341, asd, golfdog, jblack87, aspen1776, mike4570, Siggeek, 4 invisible), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1676770 - 09/23/20 10:23 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
Im glad to live in a Capitalist country And if you are selling 5.56 ammo for outrageous profits you are a piece of shite person.

If you are selling 9mm for 50c per rd or more you are a piece of shite person.

Its certainly not gouging if its not food water or fuel at this point, its just being an assholeshitperson.

Lol. Enjoy your rewards.
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#1678332 - 09/28/20 11:06 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Shocktop Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Kempsville
City or County: Virginia Beach
9mm

Edited by Shocktop (11/23/20 09:07 AM)

#1678694 - 09/29/20 11:22 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
They're not gougers, scalpers is a more appropriate term.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1678708 - 09/29/20 12:24 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
I just ignore all of them on here doung that, I do wish that this site set it up so you could make a comment as to why you ignored each person.

Charles.

#1678746 - 09/29/20 03:44 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
SHTFGunMan Offline
Spice Trader

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
I paid $5 for a bottle of water once, while stuck in traffic on a freeway on a hot day. I was glad for the opportunity in my time of need. I bring extra water now

#1695059 - 11/21/20 08:28 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
browder.ba Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Va Beach
City or County: Va Beach
Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

So, why get upset over this? I go by what I am willing to pay.
Sure somebody might be asking a certain price...offer then what you are willing to pay. If they get offended, then thats their problem and that comes with selling things privately. They also have the right to say no and hold out for the price they want. Nobody is forcing anyone on here to spend their money and nobody is forcing anyone to purchase items. Not sure what all the fuss is about &#129335;&#8205;&#9794;&#65039;

#1695685 - 11/23/20 09:05 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: browder.ba]
Shocktop Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Kempsville
City or County: Virginia Beach
Well said brother. Some are getting mad because they got caught with their pants down and now can't find any ammo "dirt cheap". I only started selling mine after a coworker "begged" for me to sell him a few being he got tired of driving around looking for them. If they don't like the $$, then just move on and keep looking. I'm still looking for another SP5K-PDW that retailed for $2800, but I'm not getting all bent out of shape because people are selling them for over $5k

#1699142 - 12/03/20 08:54 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
librarian45 Offline
low speed, high drag. Lotsa Books

Loc: NOVA
City or County: NOVA
i was a nice guy through both Obama elections, newtown, vegas etc. i'm tired of being nice. Friends get ammo at before prices. dummies get to get with the effects of supply and demand

#1699152 - 12/03/20 09:23 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SHTFGunMan]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: SHTFGunMan
I paid $5 for a bottle of water once, while stuck in traffic on a freeway on a hot day. I was glad for the opportunity in my time of need. I bring extra water now

You need to teach that common sense.

Quote:
i was a nice guy through both Obama elections, newtown, vegas etc. i'm tired of being nice. Friends get ammo at before prices. dummies get to get with the effects of supply and demand

I probably have more .22 ammo than most people other than hoarders in the country and a reasonable amount of other common but not available calibers and that is a known fact among friends and co-workers; you help one person and the info spreads like wild fires. During good times, I get labels. During bad times, I get requests for ammo. I even had people asking me for hunting ammo and I thought hunters keep 100+ rds on hands all the time. Friends still get free ammo from me but co-workers and acquaintances will be turned down as I don’t want to sell to them at my reasonable prices. I want them to hustle or pay the scalpers. I sell my excess in bad times as I tend to stumble upon calibers I must have. I ask reasonable price below market because I don’t do this for living and rather not drive all over town to sell a box so my prices are wholesale; e.g $0.09 per round of match .22 while others charg $0.15 for standard ammo.

I am buying tcm.22 with both fiat now. I just need to find a way to convert my G17 to shoot that with only a barrel swap instead of the whole upper receiver. Either that or buy a rifle. If onky I was in a gun business, I have tons of million-dollars ideas.

#1699424 - 12/03/20 09:28 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
If someone NEEDS this ammo to survive is one thing
If its just something they WANT and they're willing to pay inflated prices....hey, its thier money.
Don't like the sellers prices? Shop around.

#1699428 - 12/03/20 09:37 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: Sfach]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: Sfach
Im glad to live in a Capitalist country And if you are selling 5.56 ammo for outrageous profits you are a piece of shite person.

If you are selling 9mm for 50c per rd or more you are a piece of shite person.

Its certainly not gouging if its not food water or fuel at this point, its just being an assholeshitperson.

Lol. Enjoy your rewards.

Sound like someone didn’t prepare for the winter.

$0.50 per 9mm is cheap now. Just wait until ubc is required for ammo purchase, everything will double right before people go radio silence.

#1715230 - 01/16/21 10:24 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
usmilret Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Prince George
Sorry guy but supply and demand determine the price of ammo. If I were to sell it to you at last year's fair price you would turn right around and resell it. If I were to sell you ammunition I sure would be paying attention to the replacement cost of getting ammunition.
Sorry but the world is not a nice place.

Just so you know I have no intention of selling anyone ammunition.

#1720847 - 01/29/21 02:56 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
For some of you I have cheese and crackers to go with your “whine”!

Now, I know some of you have 401k/stocks/gold/silver/vintage car and a home.
SO, now let’s replace ammo with any of the above. Do you still feel the same?

If so, I’ll sell 9mm/5.56 ammo for $0.25 and $0.50 a rd respectively, however I only accept pre 1964 quarters.

Please send pics and we can arrange a FTF

I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1722872 - 02/02/21 07:13 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
Not all but many on guntrader are about flipping and gouging someone anyway , but yet are the first ones to try to shoot someone else to pieces on price or trade just so they can flip it for more , but that’s just the way it is , you just ignore them and use your regulars that you know aren’t trying to screw someone over , there is good people on here that are enthusiasts and traders and aren’t about making a buck , far few and in between but they are here .

Edited by Tonyglock40man (02/02/21 07:15 PM)
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1727639 - 02/12/21 04:38 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
tspike Offline
God save the Republic

City or County: York
Greed.

#1738461 - 03/06/21 02:05 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Zackhokie Offline
Bolt action

City or County: Glen allen
So everyone knows Cabelas at Short Pump in Richmond had a ton of ammo today. 9mm was abundant at $.32 cpr. 223 was $.65. 22lr was $.08. When this marketplace is flooded with $.70 9mm herters just know they paid $.32 today.

#1740186 - 03/10/21 09:40 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Charlottesville
City or County: Charlottesville
As of today I dont see any relaxing. Look at Ammoseek for 357 magnum. $4.00 per round. 6.5 Creedmoor about the same. WTF?

On a separate note theres a guy advertising her who Ive contacted 3 times, told him Id pay his price and drive to his location and he hasnt had the curtesy to return my comm's. I reckon he doesnt want to seel it very badly.

#1740454 - 03/10/21 09:11 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
HB21 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Manassas
Cabela's out in Gainesville has ammo regularly, buut if you don't want to wait in a line of 200-300 people or can't afford to spend several mornings a week just for the possible chance of getting ammo (9mm specifically) it makes perfect sense to save your time (aka your money) by paying a bit more through an FTF private sale. I don't think it's gouging when I've spent 2 and a half hours waiting to see what's left and then recouping some of the cost while giving others ammo cheaper than online sources. It's a matter of convenience imho. Get what you're saying, but have to disagree when anyone can line up if they have time or want to.

#1740507 - 03/11/21 04:31 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Lastchance19 Offline
Ammo guy

Loc: Woodbridge Virginia 22191
City or County: Woodbridge
To everyone looking for ammo. I’m retired and pretty much head to cabellas when I can with the money I. Have to put on here for below what gun stores sell it for. But not cabellas because I drive an hour. Wait in line. Freeze my **I VOTED FOR BIDEN** off trying to find your orders just to find out you can’t afford it when I inflate for gas and time spent. There are good people on here and I’m one. If you need a caliber. Let me know. How much of it you want. And if they have it I will grab it. Text me at 6035718293. I build fix and sell ammo and guns as a hobby. Retired vet. It’s just a side hustle and a hobby to keep me busy. Sorry to say that tomorrow I will not be able to get any ammo as I do not have the funds but I do have some 556 green tip if not sold tomorrow. And will have 1000 rounds of 9 here in a day or two which is gold where I live. Don’t get mad at the sellers unless you spend as much time and gas as we do trying to help you guys out. At least I am. Just remember. Time is money and if I spend 4 hours of my day in line fighting people for ammo. Getting there to find out ammo isn’t available. Ship it from out of state for you guys. This is at my expense so you guys can shoot. Ease up fellas or get the ammo on your own. Only so many of us are on here to help. Just find the good ones. I’m located in Woodbridge but once again. If you need a caliber. Or looking for guns. Need things fixed or just want me to spice up your piece I’m here to help. Have fun shooting boys and girls and look for when I post ammo cheap. Means I’m getting rid of it and making another run around Virginia to find you guys what you need. Happy shooting

#1740508 - 03/11/21 04:43 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Lastchance19 Offline
Ammo guy

Loc: Woodbridge Virginia 22191
City or County: Woodbridge
Oh and here’s perspective. It cost me ten in gas to get there. 3 hours in line because I always get there first. And 5 hours of my day driving to people homes to bring them the ammo. Not only am I getting it. I deliver it. If that’s not service you guys want then I don’t know how else to help you and no I’m not selling it for what the price is if when I get it for. People are asking 45 dollars for a box of 9i ask 35 for good ammo and 40 for 124 grain when I find it and if your a regular you get discounts. I just sold 300 45 for 220 and shipped it to Texas for a friend because of their shortage. Just be happy you have ammo here. Go to another state. They don’t have it. Lastly. If you call me before 7 tomorrow and have money in hand. Tell me what you need. I will make a run because cabellas will have a shipment tomorrow. I leave exactly at 7 am so call me by 6 630. Hopefully your on the way to Gainesville and I’ll grab it. I’m already up so feel free to call at anytime from now till 7. 6035818293. I don’t have money to front ammo tomorrow so this is just a friendly favor. If you need it. Call me. Happy shooting everyone. We all love our guns. Let’s quit **I VOTED FOR BIDEN** about how much more we like to shoot em.

#1740801 - 03/11/21 06:21 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski
That's hilarious. You are the good guy. I guess you don't realize that if all of you "good guys" weren't doing that, there would be ammo on the shelf for everyone to buy.
And no, I'm not bitter, because I know how to buy ammo. Which is, buy it after the runs, not during. I have what I need, as well as supplies for loading.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1742757 - 03/16/21 11:33 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
Earthen Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Shenandoah
Registration of and limits on ammo purchases will help reduce waste.

#1743022 - 03/16/21 09:36 PM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
shootergdv Offline
Marksman

City or County: Rustburg
"Waste" ? That's what I've been doing with ammo since I was 6 ! And having a good time doing it ...

#1744374 - 03/20/21 05:20 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: Earthen]
tspike Offline
God save the Republic

City or County: York
Originally Posted By: Earthen
Registration of and limits on ammo purchases will help reduce waste.

Registration? Really?
Either you're one of those who doesn't learn from history, or you're just a troll.
eta: seeing you're wanting to "Close your account" I'm thinking you're just a leftist troll.

Edited by tspike (03/20/21 05:22 AM)

#1750058 - 04/03/21 08:55 AM Re: Handgun ammo availability and venting on gougers [Re: SteveThePirate]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

City or County: Stafford
It does appear that some prices are coming down a little for certain ammo. Starting to see closer to .50-.60ct per round on generic 5.56 instead of the .80+. 12ga Buckshot still very high but can be found for closer to $1 per round if you look around.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >